Friday, April 8, 2011

If you only knew....

How well do you think you know me???

If you really knew me you would know that I kill plants. Not on purpose. Who does that? I just forget to water them and then they slowly turn yellow. Then brown. Then crunchy. Then I feel bad and blame it on something or someone else.  Dang kids!

If you really knew me you would know that if you see me on Thursdays, I will not be showered. I will not smell nice. And I will probably still be in my PJ's when my kids get home at 3pm.

If you really knew me, you would know that at first I am shy. Friendly, yes. Comical...that's debatable. Timid? Absolutely. Case in point:  I blogged for about 6 months before I went public. I wanted to check out the blogging world and see what it was like out there before I took the leap. Believe it or not, I am a little shy.

If you really knew me, you would know that 80% of the balls that we own (..and 90% of those 80% are footballs) are trapped under our trampoline. Our tramp is built into the ground..so you just walk onto it. It's nice, but annoying the amount of stuff that falls under there. We could have a yard sale with all the junk under there.

IF you really knew me, you would know that I will never have a yard sale.

If you really knew me, you would know that I hate jellybeans. Gag! The thought of that stuff getting stuck in my teeth makes me want to hurl. Yuck. Robin eggs, good. Cadbury eggs, awesome. Jelly beans.......blah! Oh, and Peeps. Yucky.

If you really knew me you would know that I am going to Women's Conference this year and can hardly wait to be back on my old stomping ground. Any of you going? Wanna come? BYU makes some heavenly fudge.

If you really knew me, you would know I like to walk around the house with socks on. Only, that is a little dangerous in my house after any meal. And when my son randomly drops water on the floor. Socks can soak that stuff up like nobody's business.

If you really knew me, you would know that I am really good at starting things. Not so good at finishing. Laundry. Grocery lists. Dishes. Growing plants. One of the few exceptions is labor. Obviously didn't have a problem finishing that up.

Now you know me!

Is there something I should know about you?

10 comments:

Dana @ Bungalow'56 said...

I think we might be siamese twins who were separated at birth. I thought you should know.
Dana

Queen Mahin said...

Couple of thoughts: Trampolines built into the ground - didn't know they existed. Awesome idea even if it does collect balls.
Secondly, your rant about jellybeans has made me crave them. Think I'll have to stop at Target on the way to work this morning. Totally with you on the Peeps, though. Gross!

Ok, now something you should know about me: I really, really like eating carrots.

Kerri said...

I'm confused...if the trampline is built into the ground...how in the world do balls get stuck under there?! Maybe I am missing something!
If you knew me...you would know that I prefer the sticky stuff in my teeth anyday...over the chocolate stuff! We would be good at trading! :)

jsturner1 said...

I saw you yesterday and you were not in your pjs! I know you are you are awesome! I agree on the Peeps, yuck!

Susan Anderson said...

I hate peeps and my husband loves them. Stale ones.

;)

Jenny said...

I'm with you on the peeps. I do have to argue a bit for red and black jelly beans!

CB said...

If you knew me you would know we are alot alike - except I love Jelly Beans, especially the black ones :-D

Katrina said...

I love your blog! The title alone cracks me up!

If you knew me...let's see....you would know that I'm not as organized as people think I am. I'm very unorganized, actually.

Thanks for stopping by my blog :) I'll be visiting yours again, too!

www.theyallcallmemom.com

Lisa said...

Hey! I'm going to Women's Conference, too! Chocolate covered cinnamon bears? Yeah, baby. And we had a neighborhood dog get trapped under a ground level tramp last year. Everybody in the neighborhood, looking for him, hearing yelps and howls now and then, but for the life of us, couldn't find him. FINALLY, checked under the tramp. He was barely alive, but ran like hell when they pulled him out.

Jen @ Dear Mommy Brain said...

Get out of my freakin' head!

I was also a closeted blogger for quite awhile. I'm still not totally out, but I've got a little more confidence these days. Thanks for finding me. I'm pretty bad about surfing blogs, but am excited to have found yours!