Monday, April 18, 2011

How many?

Forty-eight hard boiled eggs.

That is what Hubs did yesterday.

We are going out of town this weekend , so we have called the Easter Bunny and made arrangements. He is coming tomorrow morning. This meant that we needed to dye our Easter eggs yesterday.

I bought 4 dozen eggs because they were on sale not intending to use them all for dying. That's a lot of eggs.

I slept in a little Sunday morning, maybe 30 minutes longer than usual. That was long enough. 

Forty-eight hard boiled eggs.

Hubs said, "Don't worry. We will have no problem getting all these eggs colored."

I smiled back at him, lovingly. "Oh, yes, Deary. I have no doubt that our 5 blessings will be able to reek havoc on those innocent, white eggs. All 48 of them."

And color them they did. We did. My vinegar smelling fridge is proof. And it must be said that I was the only one who spilled dye this year. All over my leg. And that stuff does not come off easy.  My leg looked like a smurf threw up on it.

Getting all the eggs colored was not my concern. "What," I asked, " am I going to make with forty-eight hard boiled?"

No. Really!

Potato salad, yes. Deviled eggs, yup. Egg salad sandwiches, you bet.

These would all be great, and you can bet that we are going to be having our share of those. But remember, we are going out of town. So the time we have to consume these lovies is 3 days.

Oh, and let me remind that we are soon be be traveling. In a car. For six hours. We are going to be smelling these eggs...in a less desirable, recycled manner...if you catch my drift. My boys hold nothing back...er...in...er...Yuck. Yuck! Yuck!!

Sigh.

48 hard boiled eggs.

7 comments:

CB said...

I bet they are a lovely sight those 48 hard boiled eggs!

Susan Anderson said...

He must have used a HUGE pot to boil 48 eggs. That is priceless!

(I do love egg salad sandwiches and deviled eggs, but you're right. The recycle version would not be too desirable...)

=)

Juli said...

This is why I use plastic eggs.

However, in the event that I ever want to color eggs, I use the cold water dye, and just do them raw.

that way I can still have an omlet. :)

Gabe said...

thats a lot of eggs. . .

But I at least you didn't have to deal with the inevitable arguements that so and so got to color more eggs than so and so. . .everyone got alot of eggs to color!

Unknown said...

Lol! Crack the windows!

The Crazy Coxes said...

Cool!
I bet they look awesome!

martha brown said...

I love your writing :) You are so funny! I can't stand hard boiled eggs -- so I colour mine raw. But this year I'm bringing deviled eggs to my parent's -- and I'm colouring the eggs AFTER I peel them. I saw it on someone's blog..... Good luck with that drive .....