"Wow! Your husband is deaf? What is it like being married to a Deaf man?"
This is usually what happens when I tell people Hubs is Deaf. And I never really know what people are looking for when they ask me that. The second question that is. The first one is easy.
What is it like being married to a Deaf man?
Honestly, I don't know what it is like to NOT be married to a deaf man. I have only ever been married to him. He is the only man I ever plan on being married to. Unless reverse polygamy comes into style and then.... nah. Not even then. He is my man.
I started this "So I Married a Deaf Man" series because I knew that our marriage and the experiences that we have are unique. Or so I thought. Honestly, my eyes have been opened quite a bit. Many of the things I thought were a deaf thing are really more of a man thing.
We are just on the extreme side of the spectrum. The "No, my Hubs isn't ignoring me. He really is Deaf" side.
The extreme side of normal. Though, being married to him is normal. To me. These posts really are my normal life. Our normal life. Some of the things I write about are so normal, that I forget they might not be to most people.
You know what would be really interesting?
If Hubs would write a few, "So I Married a Hearing Woman..." posts. What do you think? Anyone wanna coax Hubs into a guest post every now and then? All in favor...say I...Eye...Aye.
Forget the Aye.
Just beg!
15 comments:
You should totally direct people to your blog when they ask you those questions. Or just put out a book :)
I actually also find it interesting how being married to a deaf man is somewhat similar to being married to a hearing man. Men, they are pretty much alike regardless of hearing or not.
As for your hubs doing a guest post every now and then? Oh yes please! I want to see what he has to say. It's always fun to read both sides of the story :)
Hubs hubs hubs hubs hubs hubs hubs hubs hubs hubs hubs hubs hubs hubs hubs hubs hubs hubs hubs hubs hubs hubs hubs hubs hubs!
Would LOVE to read his side... consider me begging... : )
OMG I NEARLY FELL OFF MY CHAIR LAUGHING...
the so i married a hearing woman would crack me up!
and yes...at least he can use the excuse 'well hun i just didn't hear you' vs the i just totally ignored you on purpose haha
Ahh I do love your blog. I totally agree about the book. I'm sure you could fit writing it in with all of your spare time, right? A hubs guest post? Pretty please!
He HAS to do it! Pretty Please?!
Aye. AYE. AYE!!!
Please, oh hubs of Stef, do a "So I Married a Hearing Woman" post.
We need to get a glimpse of the other side of the street now!
=)
i say i forsure..
i can even sign it..
Would love to "hear" his perspective!
i really enjoy reading about your adventures in the mixing of the hearing and deaf worlds. it always points out things i would have never thought about.
and i think it would be great to hear his side!
I'd love to read a guest post from him. Eye, or aye, whichever you want.
please please please please please please please....come on, let's hear it!
Hell ya! What's it like being married to a hearing woman! I bet my husband wishes he was married to a mute woman.
Stopping by from Mama Kat's. Enjoy reading your posts. 4 boys and 1 girl huh? I have 3 girls and 1 boy...wouldn't have it different ANY DAY! :-) New folower.
littlebishopchronicles.blogspot.com
What do deaf men "hear" when their wife gives them the stank eye? Could that be the first post please.
Dana
Post a Comment