On Fridays, I sit down with my older three kids and help them run through their piano lessons.
I try not to let things interrupt me. Well, as much as I can. You can't really block out a two year old who is screaming at the top of his lungs, "Gum!!!!!" and hitting you with his Woody doll. At least I can't. But I try. Really hard.
Friday was a little different.
Child number one is playing and I hear, in the background, the toilet running. It happens. Nothing that a jiggle of the handle won't fix.
"Kyla. Please go jiggle the toilet handle." I holler. And we move on. Playing, laughing, duet-ing. Done. Next child enters.
"Brody, on your way out, will you please rattle the running toilet?" I pleaded.
My daughter was having a tough time with her whole rests so we took a little longer. All the while that water was running. The noise was really driving me bonkers!!! But I know if I step away from the piano, I will get distracted and never return.
This time I called my oldest in and asked him to please go and jiggle the handle.
He, the obedient son, agrees. Then I hear, "Oh my gosh!! What the heck!! I just stepped in toilet water!!!!! It's everywhere!!!!! I think I might throw up!!!!. (gag. gag.)"
What?!!?
I walk over to the kitchen and there is water all the way to the table. I wade my way to the bathroom and the water is nearly covering my shoes. "What the..." I turn off the water to the toilet. I plunge it and the clog vanishes.
Ugh! Luckily it hadn't made its way to carpet. That would just be....well...you know what it would be. Towels, mops, more towels.
Certainly brings a new meaning to the phrase, "Do-do run run run, do-do run run."
11 comments:
I'm sorry. I'm laughing at your expense. LOL!
Eww. I don't deal well with clogged toilets or really anything having to do with poo!
Ha! I mean ew. This is one of those times when I think I'm so grateful it was you, not me. Because I'm so very Christlike, and have had my fair share of shitola water.
Ahhhh it's always something...never a boring moment, right?! Glad you got it before it made its way to the carpet! (oh, and thanks for ruining that song for me!)
I would have had to go to my room, shut my door and scream into a pillow. Toilet problem are my least favorite. Especially when it's from poo!!!
And makes you VERY glad that your toilet is so far away from the carpet.
That would have been a disaster!
=)
Glad it didn't make it to the carpet! My washer (thankfully not my toilet) did that a few weeks ago. Not fun, but now I know why I saved all those old towels in a bin in the garage...they sure did come in handy!
Oh, my! Yuck. That's what you get for dedication.
"Da Doo Run Run run" OHHHH MAN YOU KILL ME!!! Laughing so hard!
I don't even want to think about it. Because mine would have made it to the carpet, and I'd needed to use the towels. Then I'd have to pitch the towels, because, well, I couldn't get past that either.
But it could be a great reason for new hard wood floors...
-J
Hee. Sorry, I couldn't help laughing at your predicament. Of course, it's also very, very gross! Did you ever find out who clogged the toilet?
Post a Comment