Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Word of the day....

Judgment.

Men.

Hmmmmmm....

Now, don't misunderstand. I am in no way shape or form a man-basher. I love Hubs. He completes me. My better half. He is all things that I am not...and even some of the things that I am.  He is so good. I love him dearly.

But sometimes....once in a while....every now and then, I am left scratching my head.

Everyday is show and tell at my Camden's preschool. Sometimes we forget, but most times we try and remember. Well, I had to work one morning and so I reminded Hubs that he needed to help Camden choose a toy.

He did. Great! Not great.

I picked Camden up after school a little later and I hear his teacher reminding him, "Camden, don't forget your gun."

What?!?!! Did she just say GUN?

That was what they chose? Really? A gun. To school? 

It wasn't real. Totally fake.

I don't have a problem with my boys playing with them at home. Heck, there is no use trying to stop them. If your man child is born with two fingers, preferably but not limited to a thumb and a pointer, I will guarantee you they will, at some point, be used to shoot bad guys. Good guys. Any guys.

I have no problem with my children bringing their fingers to school. In fact I highly encourage it. Actually recommend it. It helps them count better.

But a gun?

Judgment.

Men...

Mudgment.

Joining Jenny's ABC Thursday. Whoot!
 
Jenny Matlock

22 comments:

Susan Anderson said...

heehee

Yep, mudgment can be quite a problem.

;)

Unknown said...

Hehe, too funny :)

Men. You really have to wonder what really goes on in their head sometimes. That's why if I ever had the chance to switch body with ANYONE in the world for a day, I'd totally pick Jason. Just so I can see what it is that he thinks about all day.

Then again, I might not want to know what it is that runs through that strange mind of his :)

Unknown said...

Yep totally something my hubby would have done. I agree about the gun gene with boys. I wouldn't have them in the house, not even toys and they would invariably find some other object, that didn't even slightly resemble a gun and pretend it was one. I gave up.

Anonymous said...

I can see my husband doing these. He would be so proud he remembered to send something.

Kerri said...

I am cracking up over here! Too funny!

The Crazy Coxes said...

The good thing about men is that they do eventually learn! He'll never let Camden take a gun again....a knife...sure!

Unknown said...

mudgement: classic!

I was reading over on the "best written" blogs per babble.com & I snarkily think "WHAT? This is good writing?" And then I come onto your blog and I say, "Hey, babble, why don't you know about Ooops... There Goes My Mind"? Your blog is great and obviously under-viewed, imho.

If SHE can figure it out.......... said...

At least it was a fake gun. Knowing my husband, he'd let Baby E take his hunting rifle to school - but at least he'd put a lock on it......

Jen Kesler said...

Yep!

I loved your skiing post. Same. exact. thing. happened. to. me!

Shaun LOVES skiing...our three oldest now ski, but me, NOPE! He took me once when we were first married...and left me up at the top of the mountain because he was embarassed. Sheesh! I think I should post about that too. Thanks for the idea! :)

Diane said...

I.would.have.DIED! Actually, I think there is some sort of rule or law here against taking even so much as a toy gun to school!
I probably would have gotten a phone call!

fredamans said...

LOL that's all I can say.

RedTedArt said...

Totally agree... men sometimes just get it that little bit wrong and don't quite get why it is wrong!!!

Love it! Great Mudgment!

Maggy

Jo said...

i love the word ... and it's meaning ... and you provided a perfect example ... you should try and enter this one in urban dictionary .... hehehe!

Dana @ Bungalow'56 said...

Mudgement... Love it! Will be using that one forevermore. So... how did the show and tell go? Something to talk about at parent teachers at least.
Dana

paige said...

THis will be one of those funny stories you'll tell later. Remember that time our kid took a gun to school...
See. Hilarious.

Su-sieee! Mac said...

I'm glad I wasn't the teacher. :-)

Adolfo said...

Ha! As a guy, I admit that I probably would have chosen something similar. Probably not a gun, but maybe a sword.

Millie said...

So lucky he wasn't expelled! That is so funny.

Anonymous said...

So lucky he wasn't expelled! That is so funny.

Teresa

Jenny said...

What a funny post!

I loved this.

Such a nice way to start Saturday with a smile. Reading Alphabe-Thursday links like that!

And, in case I haven't told you lately...I love how you write!

Thank you for linking.

A+

mrs. c said...

I know, what can you say.....men do not think sometimes. As a pre-k teacher I am constantly amazed at what some of the dads are thinking. One child came in with a sleeveless top on and it was below freezing, he said, I thought it would be o.k., she has a jacket. Oh well, we love them anyway, just because they are so dear to us! Thanks for reading my post.

Cheryl D. said...

Men! They just don't get it!