Addiction.
Such a bad thing, addiction. And yet we all have our little addictions. Things we can't live without.
For some, it is alcohol or drugs. For others us it is that Diet Coke with extra ice. Still, for reasons I don't understand, some are addicted to cleanliness. Spotless cleanliness. So not my addiction.
I have re-found my addiction. Oh, deep down, hidden under the many years of suppressing it, I knew it was there. For you know, addictions never really leave us alone.
And rear it's ugly head it did.
My bloggidy-blogging friends, I am ashamed to tell you. Well, not really. I am blogging it to the world. But isn't it supposed to help you overcome addiction by telling others?
So, here goes.
Tetris.
There. I said it.
It all started in my Nintendo days...you know, the 80's. That is when it all started. Lucky for me, our Nintendo broke and we were too poor to replace it.
But then, when I got married, we got the computer game. My, oh my. Hours, people. I would play it in my spare time, back when I only had one child...you know, a plethora of time. I would think about it in my sleep. "Surely that piece can fit...if I just wait long enough...."
But then we got a new computer and that darn game wasn't compatible our new operating system. Darn Microsoft.
Slowly, the desire to flip L shapes began to fade. My dreams went back to normal...if you can call dreams normal. I started to pay attention to this young child I called Son. Days turned into weeks which turned into months and then years.
Oh, sure. There was the occasional run in, but with the help of my children and Hubs, I was able to set it down. Walk away. Until...
Amazon was having a sale. All the other games were...well...not Tetris. My kids begged me not to. Actually, they really were begging for Batman Lego's, but, still, they were begging. But the pull was too strong.
I bought it.
Sweet addiction.
Welcome home!
What's your addiction?
20 comments:
My addiction?
Easy.
That would be blogging.
=)
My addiction?
Bejweled on facebook.
I play until I am in 1st place...and then I don't play again until the new week starts. I need to be in 1st...it's all I care about...not really the game...just being in first!
It'a a good thing I don't have tetris! :)
you said it... Diet Coke with extra ice... in a large McDonald's cup with a McDonald's straw... yep, pathetic!
2 words.
Krispy Kreme.
I am thinking that your addiction would be better for my mind (and body.)
:)
Oh my gosh, do you know my husband? When we got our first computer, hours and hours, sitting in front of it making pieces fit. But I'm the same with Saduko. Not addicted, just awesome at it.
Addictions? Many and eclectic~cadbury mini-eggs, hot tamales, cadbury mini-eggs, good-n-plenties, meth, shoes, pretty paper...
Did I mention cadbury mini-eggs?
Oh I am so embarrassed for you! heehee;)
My addiction? That would be Nutella, than you very much.
Dr. Pepper! Ahhhh, that feels so much better now that I am no longer in denial.
Blogging. Facebook. Diet Coke. And Blogging. Did I say blogging?
my addiction... that would be eating Jello... I love Jello, I have a particular way of eating it.. The little cups they come in.. It takes me about 10 mins to eat it the way I like.
My husband has banned Jello from the house, and I am only allowed to have it every once in a while, and when I'm sick.:(
I used to love Tetris!!! I like (but am not addicted to) fully leaded, fully sugared Coke from McDonalds. NEVER get it in the drive thru because they don't put in enough ice!
I LOVE Tetris. It was an addiction of mine as well for awhile a few years back. I guess I shouldn't play it again for fear of the addiction coming back :P I would dream about it, too! Now...I'm addicte to candy, I think.
Yeah. This is me = "Still, for reasons I don't understand, some are addicted to cleanliness. Spotless cleanliness."
I do have a game addiction, though - Professor Layton. I have a little crush on him. Love those games. They can't make them fast enough for my taste. I even have a blog post almost worked up about it. *sigh*
Well, probably just sweets...haha. Or maybe I am addicted to blogs. I am addicted to my grandkids. I could be addicted to Scrabble....but that takes another person....to much waiting time.
blogging world... I need to mention that i have not one not two not three blogs but count it 4 blogs... yeah the blogging world is my addiction and I don't know how to stop...
Plus I'm just a little addicted to mtn. dew
ok ur a nut! i would never assume to hear those words coming from your mouth! haha
i got birthing on the brain...ask me mine later!
Laughing...I was not expecting that at all! Tetris is a pretty fun game though. I had the first version many many years ago.
I am addicted not only to blogging but to craft blogs. I will sit looking at craft blog after craft blog dreaming of the things I will make...and then I never have time. Bad addiction!
Wellll, there are so many.
Dark chocolate, Top Chef, Funfetti cake batter straight from the bowl, peanut butter pie, Bono, the blog world and just about anything else on the internet that keeps me from my real writing.
And thanks so much for your lovely comment over at The Girl's place!
I remember borrowing a 'pong' game in the 80s and spending a couple days on it.. hubby and I had a very UNPRODUCTIVE weekend.. took it back and didn't get another game until a couple years ago when my kid were old enough to buy one... Luckily, I don't thing today's icky graphics are nearly as addicting as the old pong game or even SPACE INVADERS!! So, my addiction, while my kids (and hubby) play videos, would be FACEBOOK, and now blogging is running a close 2nd. :o)
From one gamer to another (yes, I am calling you a gamer), I know and understand that addiction very well. I try to stay away from playing with my husband's PS3 and ever now and then a game comes along that beckons to me. The minute I pop that disc in, all traces of the responsible adult goes out the window. Dinner never gets cooked, the house becomes even more cluttered, laundry doesn't get washed.
Ah, video games....
Gosh, I wish all addictions were to Tetris. Cute post!
Post a Comment