I know you all have been looking forward to it all year long...all 27 days of it. I have had fun looking at chocolate cake recipes...if you call torture fun. Just look....
Better Than Sex ...doesn't that sound....wrong? Tempting, and yet disturbing all at once. But I decided against it because I was too tired and not in the mood. And I think maybe I had a headache???

Black Out Cake...if I am going to blow my diet, I so want to be present and conscious.

Chocolate Date Cake...Ewe!! (Those dates look like roaches. Crunch crunch...I threw up a little in my mouth just now.)

Fat Free Chocolate Cake....What the heck! If you are going to remove the fat then you can throw the fun out with it.
Mayonaise Chocolate Cake...I am just wondering who came up with this one. "Honey, could you add a little more mayo on my sandwich. And bring me a piece of that chocolate cake. Hold on a second. I think I'm on to something."

I couldn't decide. The choices were many. The overwhelming urge to simply kill myself with chocoloate, too great. See for yourself. Google chocolate cake images and you will understand. Lucky for me, my friend Susan sent me a recipe that looked yummy enough.
So that is what I made.
And here is what it looks like. You can find the recipe here. I made it on Wednesday and my children knew that if they ate it before today,
So, today we will enjoy this little piece of heaven. Then my daughter and I are going to see Wicked while the boys all go to the Pinewood Dirby to cheer on
Enjoy your National Chocolate Cake Day party! I know we will!!
Now link up and show the love. (I will leave linky open until Sat so if you missed out on today, you can join us until Sat.)
15 comments:
I'm no cook, so I've got nothing to link up with, but this is the funniest post ever.
Thanks, I needed that!
=D
I made chocolate donuts today. We are gluten free so normal donuts are off limits. I make them with GF chocolate cake mix and frost them with.... more chocolate (and sometimes sprinkles) I realize that it's just basicly a cupcake with a hole in the center, but the kids are happy... And that counts for something! Seriously, who cares anyway...
It's chocolate for breakfast!
I'll link up after I post. :)
Stef, that was simply delicious. I thought about just eating the frosting.....but then I took a bite together and WHAM! Perfection!!!! And yes the date one, totally roaches!!!! We will miss you tonight at the Derby!
Luckily, I don't really like chocolate that much. I will eat some chocolate cake as long it's not too death by chocolaty. I'll dig out my favorite Texas Sheet Cake recipe (maybe)!
i tried the linky.. we will see if it posts.. if not ill try later.. :)
You are hysterical! Love your celebration of Chocolate Day! How did I forget to put that on my calendar?
It's my first time visiting - love your blog! I'm going to try to get back by Saturday to celebrate!
Oh my goodness...those looked SOOOO GOOOOOOD!!! Crap. I won't be happy until I have some. Is it too late to make a run to Marie Calendars? Probably. Nothing I make will come close to your pictures. Thanks a LOT. :)
That first cake looks so good! Is that marshmallow? I love marshmallow and chocolate. I don't like chocolate cake, though. I know, I'm from space.
They all look so yummy!! I love chocolate cake. I wish I could have a bite of all of them.
Ha Ha This made me laugh. I posted the BTSC on my blog last week. It is SUPER yummy but being the compassionate and giving soul that I am, I am also willing to try any chocolate cake that is linked to this post! I'm just nice like that....just sayin'!
you suck...lets post choc cake pics for pregnant women! haha kidding friend
i had a choc chip cookie cake ...does that count?
Happy Chocolate Cake day! I guess I missed the party! I did, however, enjoy a nice piece of chocolate cake courtesy of the local bakery here. No picture though since I ate it all the minute I stepped into my apartment. Man, I should go back to the bakery and pick up another slice or two because that was good cake. (Yes, they sell cakes in slices here)
I can't believe I missed Cake Day! How could that have happened. Will anyone care if I celebrate late, and for a few extra days just to make up for it?
Dana
Awwwww! First I missed Popcorn Day and now Chocolate Cake Day! Maybe I'll make something chocolately over the weekend. Your cake looks very yummy.
Chocolate cake day!!!! How the heck did I miss that?
You made me laugh with your descriptions of the other cakes...especially the date one - ha!
What a perfect little stop on our journey through Alphabe-Thursday's letter 'P'.
I adore your writing style.
A+
Post a Comment