This time of year brings many things with it.
Bills. Resolutions. Cold weather. Bills. New beginnings. Runny noses.
I got hit with the stuffed-head- can't-pop-my-ears-drippy-nose thing on Monday. I was blowing through tissue like nobody's business. My nose was red, chapped and there was no end to the dripping.
Tuesday afternoon, my two younger boys and I pulled into the school to pick up my older kids. And wouldn't you know, there were zero tissues left in the van. Ugh!
"Oh no, Camden! My nose is runny and I we are all out of tissue."
His response: "That's okay, Mom. You can just blow your nose on your shirt. I do that. All the time."
I will have to keep that in mind.
Always good to have a Plan B.
15 comments:
Yep. There's always a solution. You just have to be a little flexible.
And what's a little shirt snot among friends?
;)
Nothing like being prepared for anything. :)
I am not sure I would feel comfortable using my shirt in the drop off line. That is the kind of thing I would have to do at home.
Kids are so resourceful!
I had lunch with a deaf friend yesterday...it was hard to eat and talk. I'm not very good at that. I think it took us about 2 hours to actually finish our meals!
you said blow out. ive got newborn poo on the brain and all i could think about was shooting poo! :o) poo and snot...all the same right...it's goo!
Sound like my 7 year old. He does that all the time and I caught him wiping his mouth on my brand new table runner a few weeks ago. What tha?
When you go through the McDonalds drive thru to get your Diet Coke in the morning, always ask for extra napkins...then you'll have them for emergencies.
That's why I go to McDonalds. It's not about the Coke. Really! I just need napkins!
I have a blog award to pass along and you immediately came to mind! :) Fee free to pick it up at http://thatangelsmaydelight.blogspot.com/2011/01/versatile-blogger-award.html if you want to participate :)
I thought you meant blow out of the diaper variety. Don't use your selves on those.
Yes, you will have to keep that in mind, especially when you're doing the laundry. Ew, but brilliant, all at once.
Plan B and pLan C are always good! Kids come up with the best advice! Ha ha
I had that nasty cold - Ick!
I will never forget a boy from 2nd grade...I know his name, but will only share the initials JM...he used to wipe his nose on his sleeve ALL THE TIME. I remember this from 37 years ago, as clear as if it were last week...I'll get you some tissues, honey, don't you worry!
For a moment there, I was expecting a post on another kind of blow out :)
You son's solution sounds very much the same as the solution we used when we were kids. I wonder at what age did we realize it was really gross :)
Hilarious! Little boys are the best!
And in answer to your question on my blog about Glee. The show does have some parts that might be a little questionable (pregnant teenagers, a gay character, etc) but I really like the music and the voices are great!
Post a Comment