Monday, December 13, 2010

What the Hack!!!

Someone was very naughty.

I tried to get on this here blog on Saturday evening, and what I got was "This blog cannot be found." Or some message similar to that.

Did you see that message too? Just nod and pretend that you did....for my ego's sake. Thanks!

I bet you didn't cry like I did. I was so sad. All those posts. All that history. All of it. Gone. And I didn't know why.

Apparently, someone hacked into my email account and what's worse, they got my blog deleted. Or at least MIA.

I gasped. I cried. I searched. I worried. I cried again.

But before going into a long term depression...a friend of mine told me that all my posts were on her Google Reader because she followed me.

Hey, I follow me! All wasn't lost. All my going-ons for the last year: still present. Whew!!

Then I came into work tonight and like magic, there I was. My good old self. Back like I was never gone. And yet I was. For about 48 hours. Gone like the wind.

Lucky for me, the blogging wind is like the wind here where I live...it always comes back. My children are certain that the jerk of all jerks hacker is on the naughty list. Ya think? If only that threat of the naughty list would deter all naughties to be nice, think how happy the blogging world would be.


Glad to be back...even if you didn't notice I was missing.

11 comments:

Dana @ Bungalow'56 said...

What the hack is right!? So glad it wasn't a forever thing. I would cry too. I'm going home to put myself on my reader right now.
Dana

Unknown said...

I'm so glad that your back too! I got the same message about your blog yesterday and I thought there was something wrong with blogspot. I was so worried that you were gone forever! Grrr to that person who hacked your account! Boo to them! I'm glad that I follow you and didn't lose the posts that I have on there :)

jsturner1 said...

I knew you were missing! I am sooooooo glad you found all of your precious entries!!!!! Now teach me how to keep mine safe!

Unknown said...

it may have actually been a BLogger thing not actually a hack..especially with it returning so quickly.. still it sucks.. but glad you ar aback

Susan Anderson said...

I'll be it was Blogger. They do strange stuff like that all the time. But I would panic, too.

I print my blog now and then on blog2print or blurb. I also have blog2print back it up every month for 7.99. I would just hate to lose anything, because it's my family history now.

So glad everything returned!

=)

PS. I didn't know I could follow myself! Maybe I'll do that, too, as another back-up!

Jodi said...

Stef, you have to make a book of your blog entries. I use BookSmart from Blurb and it is not too expensive. You would not want to have all of this history go missing! Slurp your blog into a book today. I, too, was sad to see that you were gone. Glad you are back. Make yourself a book!

Anonymous said...

I definitely noticed you were gone, I've checked everyday hoping it was just my internet messing up. Glad youre still part of my daily routine.
Lindsay in Mississippi

paige said...

Very glad you're back! It's never good to be away from blogging for too long.

jen said...

That has got to be one of my biggest nightmares. I need to follow myself, right now! Thanks for the heads up!

The Crazy Coxes said...

I'm glad you found yourself! I have you on my Googl Reader so I never knew you were missing!

Anonymous said...

that really stinks
that you got hacked
by that loser.
I wonder who he
is going to hack
next.