Tuesday, December 7, 2010

What's wrong with your face?

My throat is sick. Throat and lungs. Nowhere else in my body is sick.

I woke up this morning and when I went to talk I sounded awful. But isn't that always the case in the morning. We just sound a little off. Then add the throatsick and it sounds monstrous.
Well this morning, as always happens, my children file into my bed one by one. I croaked my "Good Morning!"s and gave them a cuddle.

My oldest asked me, "Are you sick?"

"A little," was my reply, hoping for some sympathy. "How could you tell?"

"By your voice. It sounds weird," was his answer.

He started to walk away, stopped, turned around and walked back to my bedside.

"Also your looks." He turned and left the room.

Huh.

Okay, so my sickness is not simply in my throat.

It has apparently spread, not to my face, but to my looks.

Heaven help me!

11 comments:

Gabe said...

oh Stef. . .priceless!

Good thing as moms our feeling aren't hurt too easily!

Diane said...

Sounds like something one of mine would say to me.

I've got the sick throat too courtesy of my boys.

jsturner1 said...

Hahaha! That is to funny. Mostly because it didn't happen to me! Yet...

Jenny said...

Cute story...I hope you feel better soon!

Susan Anderson said...

heehee

Sorry to hear you are under the weather. Get well soon!

=)

Lisa said...

To your looks! Ha! Bless his tactful heart. Well, I've always said, if you're gonna be sick, might as well sound AND look it!

Dana @ Bungalow'56 said...

Aren't you glad you are writing these ones down. We think we won't forget but we do. Made me giggle as did the story of Mr. Mercy. You just don't get a break do you?
Dana

The Crazy Coxes said...

Too funny!
I hope you recover your looks -who cares about your throat. No one can see your throat!

Sandra said...

Well good! See if you can perfect that look and maybe it'll get you more sick days!...I'm sure you looked fine, what do stupid boys know anyway?

Unknown said...

Hehe, too cute :) I hope you feel better soon!

Morgan said...

Oh goodness, that is hilarious!!