I try not to be, really. Okay, not really. I can't help it. I have too much of my dad in me.
When it snows, I am one of those people.
I try to act normal; to not annoy people. But I am annoying.
Yes, I am one of those people.
You know, the person who drives 15 mph in a 55 mph zone.
Not all the time.
Just when snow is blowing really hard. And when the road is covered with so much snow that all you can do is follow the tracks that the car ahead of you made and hope they didn't go over the side of the road.
I try to remember what Dad taught me: pump your breaks, turn into the skid, and most of all don't freak out.
I am a nice annoying person. I don't flip you off when you pass me. Even though you were riding my tail and making me more freaked out because I was sure you were going to skid into my rear end.
I keep to the right, when possible, even if it means I have to ride the slush for a few minutes, so you can pass. There are no dirty looks from me. Not a one. Not because I don't want to, mind you. But because doing so would require me to take my eyes off the road, and you so know I am not going to do that.
I just don't want to crash, skid, go off the side of the road or pee my pants. None of those sound fun, appealing or the slightest bit attractive.
I love snow in every other way. The night glow, the sledding, the instant smiles it puts on my kids' faces, the hot chocolate and warm blankets after. You name it, I like it.
Just not driving.
Honk if you must. Swear all you want.
But I'm not going any faster. So phwwwwth!
13 comments:
We pretty much don't drive at all around here on the rare occasions that we see snow. But the couple of times in my life I had to drive in it made me a nervous wreck!
My husband is a slow driver in general, but when it snows, WATCH OUT! It took us 3 hours to go 90 miles and it was barely snowing. We live in Wisconsin - he should be used to this by now :) '
Yeah, don't let those a-holes (said with a heart pat, so it's no offensive) rush you into an early death! I myself am a middle of the road person~like I kind of drive in the middle of the road unintentionally. But also not too fast and not too slow. Because I'm just so darn well adjusted. :) But you just go on ahead and be who you be! Own it sister!
Boy, do I get that! I'm from California, and the first snowstorm I drove in when I got to Utah for school freaked me out. Unfortunately, my reaction was to slam on my brakes at the top of 4th South (or was it 5th?), which sent me into a tailspin all the way down to the bottom. (Well, not all the way...eventually the curb stopped me.)
Yep, I crashed into it.
*sigh*
Thus, my distaste for driving in snow.
;)
Oh my, I might have to hate you! ;) I would tail gate you and then I would pass you. But I won't flip you off as I drive by. I'm sorry! I'll try to be nicer!
What ever gets you home in one piece. :) Provided you don't tick someone off enough to follow you home... some people get really weird this time of year...
i hate those kind of ppl...the not you ppl but those that think they can drive fast in all conditions.
one day they will slip and drive cautiously and then feel bad for all the times they acted like jack nuts to other ppl!
you go girl for driving safe...we got kids to come home to!!!
I was wondering who that was going so slowly in front of me...
I barely drive on snowy days...
best wishes for your holiday season.
Here is the end of the year awards 4 you, enjoy!
End of The Year Awards 4 Friends of Jingle or Jingle Poetry Community
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Your support has been a delight to us, at this time of the year, We wish you all the best !
Link up a poem to our potluck today, We send blessings all the way to brighten your day!
Oh boy! I miss the cold, but not so much the winter driving. Stay safe!
Oh...I hate to say this, but do you have anti-lock brakes on your car? Because if you do, you are not supposed to pump them. Yep, just slam on them and hold them down while they vibrate under your feet and you are sliding through the red stoplight. (OK, so maybe that only happens to me) But seriously...check it out!
I hate driving too and coming home this holiday season only reconfirms how much I don't like it. It doesn't snow in Southern California but it's been raining like madness here since we came home. Somehow that doesn't seem to keep people from being crazy drivers. Car accidents are bountiful and the traffic is just horrible. I don't know how you do it in the snow! I say continue to drive safely because you don't need to put your family in danger :)
Post a Comment