One of the things that we love to do is look at Christmas lights. Not the ones on our house...oh, wait. We don't have any on our house. My bad. (Hubs is actually putting up the lights as we speak.) Pretty much if it has lights on it, we want to see it.
Did you see the White House Christmas Tree? Now those are some lights! Wowza! It's beautiful. I would hate to have been there when the Obamas were fighting about whether to have colored or white lights on the tree. And can you imagine if one of those bulbs went out? I'm just saying.
In our quest for all things light, every year we head to the River of Lights. The River of Lights is where millions of people (slight exaggeration) bundle up and
We pulled into the parking lot, walked up to the gates and saw all the lights around us. I expected to hear sounds like, "Ohhhhh!!" and "Ahhhhh!" and "Wow!"
But all I heard from my 6 year old was, "I want to go some place warm!!" repeated 15 times.
6 minutes people.
"'Tis the season to be jolly. Fa la la la la la la la la!"


6 comments:
i didn't know that he said that.
but that was fun.There was singing
Beautiful! I LOVE to look at the lights.....even the ones that I deem "tacky." And I don't blame the 6 year olds, coldness can ruin everything!
I love looking at Christmas lights and so do my kids
haha my kids love when i drive them around to look at the lights...my issue i have vertigo and doing all the slow driving and looking myself i get sick! great mom i am!
as for ur kids....why do plans always seem easier and perfect in our heads?
Ah, geez, isn't that always the way? We try to give them magical memories, and they just want creature comforts. DON'T THEY KNOW!?
I used to love to look at Christmas lights when I was a kid. We'd do it from the car. It was magical.
Post a Comment