Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Wrappin' up the Holiday!

I have a weird obsession.

It is Christmas wrapping paper. I love it! All of it. Doesn't matter if it is red or green, patterned or plain, religious or secular, traditional or modern. I love them all.

I have a ton of paper, too. I am not kidding.

Hubs and I wrapped presents the other night alone, thanks to my brother and sister-in-law giving me the best present ever...a night without children. (That sounds awful. What kind of mother says that? A tired one. That would be Me!) I slept 10 hours. 10 hours people!! Thanks guys! But I digress.

 I wrapped most the gifts and not once did I use the same wrapping paper. Not once. That is 3 gifts per child and that is 5 children. Plus I had several left to choose from.

This year I only allowed myself to buy one roll. One. It was hard. Excruciating. I had to walk away as soon as I grabbed the roll. I haven't been into the Christmas section since. I avoid it altogether. Hobby Lobby is a big no-no because they have the best, sturdiest and largest selection of paper you can imagine.

Birthday wrapping paper...couldn't care less. In fact, I prefer bags. Fast, easy and no tape involved. The same is true for baby showers, Valentines day and any other occasion that would require wrapping paper. The obsession is just the Christmas type.

My preference is the kind that has the lines on the back. That way I feel like a professional gift wrapper. Nah, professional gift wrappers have to ration their tape. Yeah, I don't do that. At all!

If I was smart, I would wait until the end of the season and get them on sale...then I could get more. So much more.

But I am not smart. You see, once all the packages have been opened and all my beloved wrappings ripped into a million pieces and scattered all over the floor, the excitement is gone. I don't even think about it again until the next September, when they break out the Christmas stuff!

Then it begins all over again.

My point?

I'm a helpless addict.

P.S. If you should need some wrapping for Santa gifts, I am so your gal. Merry Christmas!

Hooking up with Jenny Matlock today. Got a holiday post? Link up baby!

Jenny Matlock

18 comments:

Teachinfourth said...

Sounds like we need to have an intervention...

CB said...

I am sooooo addicted with you! Except I am out there at 6:00 am the day after Christmas buying out the Hallmark store and other stores with their half off deals for wrap! I totally forget what I bought so when the new wrap comes out in Sept. or Oct. I buy that too! Hopeless but it is all so cute and fun and gets you in a Christmassy mood!!
Last year I decided not to do the after Christmas thing and this year I was sorry - I didn't have as much wrap -Boo Hoo!!

You and your wrapping paper rock! It's a better addiction than some :-D

Merry Christmas!!

Erin said...

I LOVE Paper too, I prefer it over bags for Christmas! And I love to see it get ripped and shredded because it's more fun that way!

Hope you guys have a very Merry Christmas!

Annesphamily said...

The great gift wrapper! I love the story and must hop over to Hobby Lobby to check on their paper selection tomorrow! Hee Hee! My son found my stash of gift wrap with scissors and tape all organized together! It is a true Christmas miracle at this new house still tripping over boxes and such! He is 25 by the way! LOL! Merry Christmas to you! Anne

Kerri said...

I love Christmas paper too! And use gift bags the rest of the year also. I always buy my paper before I ever think about the gift!

Merry Christmas!

NanE said...

LOL, you are so funny! What time can you be here because I haven't even started to wrap! OK, I'm worse than you! I HOARD Holiday gift wrap trim "thinking" I will incorporate it into some fabulous craft floating around in my head. And I would have given anything for my sister to take my kids for a night but we didn't have any relatives close by when my girls were little. Thank you for commenting on my oil painting! I don't paint a lot anymore, I just can't seem to get myself going but if you want to see the latest picture I've painted, go here:
http://bubblesofjoy-nane.blogspot.com/2010/06/where-bloggers-create.html

I've been working on this for several years and just can't seem to finish it, so she just sits there, staring at me, LOL! Have a wonderful Christmas filled with all the wrapping and love your house can hold! Nan

Anonymous said...

Christmas paper sure is pretty. I buy it after Christmas when it is on sale. I went so crazy with sale paper four years ago I haven't bought any since.

Francisca said...

That's a very funny share... I've never heard of anyone being addicted to Christmas gift wrapping! But... whatever... sound harmless enough! :-D All the best of the season to you and yours!

If SHE can figure it out.......... said...

Ooooooohhhhh I love Hobby Lobby! All of my paper must have lines on the back. It is a requirement. I also have a thing for curling ribbon. Maybe we should start a wrappers anonymous club. Merry Christmas!!

Tiffany said...

I think all presents should be wrapped all year long. You'll never see a present FROM me in a gift bag!
Merry Christmas!

Susan Anderson said...

So funny! So YOU.

I"m glad I found your blog this year.

Merry Christmas!

=)

Dana @ Bungalow'56 said...

I too have an aresenal of paper, and this year did not buy one roll. I feel strong. Very strong.
Dana

Judie said...

As soon as I read your post I took a picture of the gift-wrap that my best friend Diane made to wrap my gifts in for today's exchange.

I seriously controlled myself this year in regard to gift wrap, and I am very proud!

Please go to my blog and look at the first picture on the right-hand side. Diane does this for me every year and for every special occasion. I am soooooo lucky!!

Anonymous said...

Such a fun post! There are so many wonderful choices out there for wrapping paper. Why should we not enjoy them all?

Teresa

Juli said...

Almost Hubs has been using the same gift wrap for 5 years. He decided this year, it was time for a change...

mrs. c said...

I adore wrapping paper as well! i have made these new bows out of paper and will post about them tomorrow, it is really great to wrap presents and make bows out of paper that match!

Jo said...

well there are far worse addictions! I hope you had fun with your wrapping!

Jenny said...

You are soooo cool.

I would hire you in about a millionth of a second....I hate wrapping!

But I, too, love the ones with the grid on the back.

I should tell you, you might want to move to my neighborhood. Instead of sweets, one neighbor brought each of us a package of four coordinated gift wraps, along with a roll of ribbon and some scotch tape just a few days before Christmas. It was a wonderful idea and a wonderful, thoughtful gift.

Thanks for this joyful and funny post.

I love visiting you!

A+