Friday, December 3, 2010

Giveaway!!

Okay, not really. But kinda.

This post is my 200th post. Who knew I had so much to say? Okay, maybe my family, my friends, people in the grocery line, the bell ringers....

But more importantly, who knew that there were people who would actually listen and then come back for more. Thanks for doing that for me. Really. I love you guys.

And because I love you, everyone who reads this post today will get a little piece of me. (or tomorrow or the next day or...well, as long as you want, actually.)

You see, I would totally have a giveaway...a real one...only I am horrible at getting things out to people. I don't. So if I had a real giveaway, one that required me to buy something, package it, go to the post office and send it, you would probably get it by Valentine's Day.

Instead, my giveaway is going to be a list of things I would give away if I had a giveaway.

1. This is my second most favorite Christmas story. The first is the real one and it is in your Bible, Luke 2, in case you didn't remember. It makes me cry every time I read it. I would totally give it to you.


2. I would send you some of my really yummy, delicious, make-you-gain-five-pounds-just-looking-at-it English Toffee. But instead, here's the recipe. (No secrets here. Just use a candy thermometer. That's the trick.)

This isn't my toffee. Mine is gone before I can charge the camera battery to take the shot.

3. I would send you The Carpenter's Christmas album, but most of you probably already have it. So instead, I would send you a burned copy of the Glee Christmas Album. I have never watched the show, but I heard this album the other day. It is fun, upbeat and fantastic!


4. This is what I usually watch Christmas Eve night, way late when I am wrapping presents and Hubs is putting things together. It is the best rendition by far, in my opinion.

5. Finally, I would send you a little something to keep you warm at night. This tastes just like what my mom called "Tang Tea". Most people just call it "Wassail". I call it Delicious!

I know. I know. Someday I will have a real drive-to-the-PO-and-show-you-the-love giveaway. But this way everyone wins. Everyone wins nothing and everything.

To all...

...pieces of me.

12 comments:

Mary said...

That is so hilarious! And, noone gained any weight from it! :D

Unknown said...

These are AWESOME prizes from an awesome lady!

I love your blog!

Tiffany said...

You are GREAT! Merry Christmas!

Susan Anderson said...

What a neat post!

And thanks for the gifts. I will treasure them.

=)

Juli said...

You could put it in a flat rate box or envelope and print the postage out on line. Then just throw it in your mailbox and you'll NEVER have to go to the post office. I know, becasue I pick up these packages all the time. :) And even though I am a mail lady, I never actually make it to the post office... we work out of a warehouse 1/2 mile away.

Or you could just send it out in cyber space... becasue it really is about the thought...right?

Teachinfourth said...

I've got the book, CD, & the hot chocolate…all of them are winners in my book!

Dana @ Bungalow'56 said...

I am so glad I am not the only one who is Postally impaired. I love that I won the idea of all these great things. This tea? I have not heard of it before. I am intrigued. I may have to have a virtual sip. Congrats on the big 200!
Dana

Bekki said...

Thanks! I so appreciate it! I'll check out the movie, the treats, the music and think of you!

Bastian Family said...

You're so funny!

Morgan said...

Who says you have to spend money to give a gift? Your posts are a gift every day you write them :o) I know I'm in for a good laugh when I stop by your bloggy. Merry Christmas!!

Unknown said...

Happy 200th post! I think those are awesome gifts :) AND like you said, everyone wins, right? I love it when everyone wins :)

Taking It One Step At A Time said...

Congratulations on your 200th post. I love visiting your blog, giveaways or not. You always make me smile.
Thanks a bunch, and Merry Christmas :)