Twas a few days before Christmas
And all through the house
Everything was stirring,
even that darn mouse (I'm not kidding!)
The stocking were hung
on the wall, not a chimney
wondering what Santa
soon would be givin' me.
The kids were each sprawled out
All over the floor
ABC's 25 Days of Christmas
Need I say more.
Hubs' done with his finals
The kids' school is all done
Haul out the holly
It's time for some fun!
Counting the presents
one, two, three, four,
Wait! I have five kids...
Ugh, I need one more.
So out of the house
I flew in a flash
Grabbed me my coat,
and a big hunk of cash (Hahaha good one!)
The road, it was slippery
from the new fallen snow,
So what should I do?
You guessed it, drive slow.
More rapid than eagles
I was in and then out,
"I'm finally done!"
I said with a shout.
"For Kobe and Kyla
"And Brody and Brig
"Yes, Camden and Daddy,"
I could've danced a jig.
(If only I knew how.)
This poem is too long
So let's cut to the chase.
The presents are all wrapped
And put in their place
And so it's now time
to stop all the bustle,
To take a step back
from all of the hustle.
For music, and goodies,
and gingerbread houses.
For ham and for football
and cuddling spouses.
For stories that remind us
of what we've been given
The greatest of all was
the baby from Heaven
So let it be said
for the next couple nights
"Remember the Babe
and follow His light!!"
Are you ready yet?
15 comments:
Ok Stef....seriously. Did you write this?! You are so out of my league! :) LOVE IT!
What a great poem! I'm so jealous that you're all done, and y'all can relax and enjoy each other!
great poem! Loved it and I am jealous that you are all caught up on your wrapping, I have lots of that to do still!
I liked the poem…I'm wondering why there wasn't anything about big bags of money and chests filled with gold.
I mean, if I were going to write a poem about Christmas...
Merry Christmas from our crazy house to yours...
Merry Christmas from our crazy house to yours...
Two minutes ago, I didn't feel ready. But after reading this, especially the last stanza, I'm reminding myself that I don't have to knock myself out again this year. I say, "Christmas? Bring it ON! And pass me a sausgae roll while you are at it!" - G
Great poem! Thanks for the reminder of what Christmas is really about....
This is great! I'm all done with the shopping and wrapping too but having the house all cleaned up for all the people that will be in it on Christmas day? Umm.. Not so much! ~:o
What a fun poem!
Sounds like you are ready to rumble.
Merry Christmas!!
=)
I am 99.1% ready and trying to convince GC to let me finish the other .9% TONIGHT. Haha.
Awesome poem!!
Love it. I am trying to remember that whole babe thing. Sometimes he's more apparent than others. But never do I find him in the mall. Guess there's a lesson there. :) Merry Christmas!
LOVE IT! I am so relieved that our shopping had to be done before we left on vacation. It has made this week before Christmas stress level go way down;)
I love it! I always love your poems.
I love this. I did a similar one, but not as ful of holiday happy as yours :) Enjoy your Christmas!
Post a Comment