I hear from their rooms.
"Something of ghosts
and witches on brooms."
"There once was a girl.
who had to walk home.
Through the graveyard she went,
scared and alone."
I told them of owls
that 'hoo' in the night.
Of headstones and cob webs
and only moonlight.
Then comes the voice
and approaching footsteps.
She struggles to run
But, on a tree root, she trips.
"He grabs her!" I yell,
"She screams and then faints"
In the end it was only
a mean, awful prank.
The rooms all fell silent,
not a peep, not a word
Except, "This is the scariest
story I've ever heard."
This was so fun Jen! Thanks for the prompt!!
25 comments:
This was awesome! I'm sharing this one with my grands! Excellent! ~Ames
Ames loves to scare her grands with scary stories!! I just love GOOD scary stories, like yours!!
Very good! So cute.
Absolute perfection! My favorite this week!
Really nicely done! I loved this. Kat
Well done. Now can you come here nightly and tell these to my children? My made up stories usually go something like "there once were two boys who drove their mother crazy when they wouldn't go to bed." -J
Wow, this was so great. Just the kind of spooky but not too spooky poem for little ones. Good job . BRAVO!!
What a wonderful poem for wee ones - scary enough but not terrifying. Very well done!
..........cj
Oh ... I love this! Such good rhyming. I could see this in a children's poem anthology! Well done!
This is awesome! I bet you tell it with such excitement too! I'm going to share this tomorrow at bedtime with my son! Thanks!
With some illustrations, this could be a children's book!
Excellent job!
Love it! I hope you do more of this, you have a talent, children's poetry and/or stories.
Wow!! You are good - Not only a great story but it all rhymes! You rock sista!!
What fun! This is an excellent poem - I love it when they rhyme! Brill!
Love the poem! So very creative and it definitely had me on the edge of my seat :)
Great fun! I had Vincent Price in my head while I was reading along. - G
lovely absolutely amazing !
haha...i love it! i can't wait for lily and her baby bro to start asking again one day....i think my big kids got to big for story time sniff sniff
What a fun Centus poem. Nice job!
=)
How am I just discovering that you have an additional blog titles OOOOPS...THERE GOES MY BUTT.
Please explain.
This is so well done, it had a Dr. Seuss (dressed in black) feel.
I enjoy your creativity.
xoRobyn
I really love how you made this into an uptempo poem with enough lightness for kids.
Beautiful Halloween poem. Perfect solution for the prompt. Just scary enough for the little ones. I'll have to try to translate it for my children. But I won't be able to get the rhyme right!
Rhyming is so difficult. You have done such a wonderful job here.
Excellent!
Best wishes,
Anna
Anna's & Sara's SC-post Week 25
You did an awesome job with this! Very creative and well written! Kudos!
Seriously.
Seriously.
How do you have time to do this meme?
Seriously.
Why aren't you off on book tour...signing copies of your latest release to admiring fans like me.
This was a total TREAT to read.
No TRICKS here...just wonderful writing.
Thank you!
Post a Comment