Paige over at Life is a Phoenix tagged me with these questions. (You should read her blog. She is an amazing photographer and always a fun read!) Thought I would pass them on. So, if you are reading this, consider yourselves tagged. Then let me know if you did so I can read your answers too!
1. Do you like Starbucks? And are you a fan of their seasonal coffees?
The smell of coffee kinda makes me sick. But, I do like their hot chocolate...oh and they have a yummy cider. Mostly though, I like the name. Who came up with it? Genius.
2. How do you decorate and prepare for Fall?
Mostly the rooms are decorated by my children taking out the old Halloween costumes and changing their minds 50 million times as to what they want to be for Halloween. We have some fun decorations. Mostly a fun tablecloths, and spookey things randomly placed around the house.
This year we have a special treat. I bought words like, "Beware." and "Turn Back" that can stick on your windows. Great idea. Except my 6 year old got to them first. Now we have "Wkune Btacr" for all the world to see. "Hooked on Phonics worked for me!"
3. Will you participate in your college's homecoming activities?
Homecoming...sigh. I went to the football game. But not so much anything else. Maybe if I had been asked to go I would have. But I think that all the guys were intimidated by my beauty. Yeah, that's why.
4. What is your favorite Fall clothing item or accessory?
Sweatshirts...all the way. You can wear shorts, pants, sandles, tennies, socks, no socks. But always there is a sweatshirt. Love it!
5. What was your favorite Halloween costume as a kid?
I remember being Little Bo Peep in second grade. We didn't buy costumes. In Jr High I took one of my dads old suit jackets and turned it inside out and was a nerd. I think I wore that one clear through high school. What? We weren't supposed to wear costumes in high school. Oh.
6. Do you like Halloween/Horror movies? Do you have a favorite?
I remember watching one of those movies at a friends house and thinking it was too funny. So unrealistic. It's the ones that could happen that scare me the most. That is why I avoid them when I can. Now "Watcher in the Woods" ...that's scary.
7. What is your favorite Fall activity?
I love going to the local pumpkin patch. Hay rides, picking a pumpkin from the patch (like Linus in Charlie Brown), corn mazes, candy apples, hot chocolate.
Also, where we live, we have a hot air balloon festival. It is awesome. We are talking 500 to 600 hot air balloons in one place. We go out in the mornings and there are balloons scattered through the sky. It's great! If you ever want to come see it, I'll hook you up!
8. What is your favorite Fall recipe?
Oh, boy. I love Dutch Apple pie that is made by someone else that is not me. Yummy!
A few more for fun...
1. What movie coming out soon are you looking forward to seeing?
I still haven't seen Eat Pray Love. I wanna see it because I read the book. I don't know what else is out because I DVR all my shows and skip commercials. Any suggestions?? I know Harry Potter is coming out soon.
2. What will you miss most about summer?
Mostly lots of time with my kids. Oh, and being able to have a lazy day now and then. So not happening with my "in school" schedule. Ugh.
3. When do you start your holiday shopping?
Now. I mean right now. I like to be done by Thanksgiving...so that I can see all the great sales on Black Friday and kick myself for not waiting. Yep...that's me.
4. Favorite exercise/activity?
I like to run or do Insanity for exercise. I love to play volleyball, though I haven't played for a few years.
5. Best book you've read lately?
"A Woman of Independent Means" was the most recent book that I read. My all time favorite is "These Is My Words".
6. Do you make your bed every day?
Yes, I make it into a mess. Well, I try to make it most mornings. There are times, though, when I am out and one of the rascals is still asleep in it. So then I wait. I wait until the next day to make it. But I do try.
7. If you could choose a personal chef over a personal shopper, which would you choose?
Personal shopper, no brainer. I. Hate. Shopping. I hate grocery shopping. I hate clothes shopping. I hate car shopping. I hate it.
8. Which TV show are you most excited for this Fall?
I am weaning myself off of t.v. these days. I like Brothers and Sisters, though it is going down a road that I really am not sure I want to go down. So mostly I watch Glenn Beck and iCarly.
6 comments:
I love reading these and learning more about my blog friends! I hope you take pics of the hot air balloon festival...how cool!
Corn mazes sound like fun. I love a good maze.
Herman Melville came up with Starbucks. And the Starbucks coffee dude stole it. :)
Personal chef, for me!
It was fun to read these little details about you.
=)
Now I know a few more secrets…
Here's to autumn and the last Harry Potter movie.
I was a Kookie-Spook as a kid and that was my favorite costume except for the princess one my mom made out of old curtains. I even had a wand :-)
Love your answers :) Question 2 had me cracking up so much. "Wkune Btacr"...ah, it's just too cute!
Post a Comment