Thursday, October 14, 2010

It was awesome!

Today was so awesome, let me just tell you.

It was supposed to be The Day of Cleaning. You know, the day that I have been putting off for three weeks but because family is coming into town (again) I can't put it off anymore. Today was supposed to be that day. You know, the day when you look around and realize, "Huh. The only clean towel that I can find is the Spiderman towel that if you fold just right can also be used as a backpack. Marvelous!"

I was supposed to stay home all day...except for a quick trip to the Library. My house was going to shine by the end of the day. That was the plan.

Until, Brody,  my 5 year old woke up happy...happy because Field Trip Day had arrived....until he ate breakfast. Apparently, yesterday, Hubs took the kids to the park and decided that putting them on the tire swing and spinning it at 100 mph was a good idea. From the looks of it, Brody was still recovering. He turned white and looked like he was going to lose it.

We kept him home.

For a few hours. Then he decided he was fine and wanted to go to school. I called around and if we drove him to the field trip location, a pumpkin patch, then he could still go. So I tried to hustle everyone else to get ready. Brody kept going back and forth as to whether he wanted to go or not.

"There is no Wii when you are sick, just so you know."

So to the field trip we went. Only to get there too late for all the fun stuff: pick a pumpkin, hayride, corn maze. Nope, we got there in time for the petting zoo. Why is it fun to pet a goat, can someone please tell me? They aren't cute. They aren't cuddly and they sure as shootin' don't smell pleasant. So we decided it wasn't worth it.

To the Library. With three kids in tow. It was actually quite nice. As long as you forget that Brody decided it was time to practice his wrestling moves on his baby brother in the fiction section. Or that baby saw this as an opportunity to throw all picture books at his brother's head. But other than that it was quite pleasant.

Then Hubs texts me to go eat with him at Chili's. Sure. Why not? I'm only still in my exercise clothes from this morning, hair in a ponytail and smelling like a rose. If I used the words white trash, which I don't, but if I did, that would describe how I felt. A great time ya'll.

By the time I got home it was about 2pm. Nap time for all. (I work until midnight every night, in bed by 1am, out of bed by 6:30 most mornings. You were thinking I was lazy, weren't you.) Then school pick-up, piano lessons, etc.

Did my house get clean? Why, yes. Yes it did. The cleaning ghost had made it's way to my house and blessed me mucho! Thanks, cleaning ghost! See what I mean...Awesome!

To top it off, about two weeks ago, Julianna at Surviving Boys gave me an award. Her blog is always a fun one to read. She is surviving boys just like I am...with a smile.

Here are some blogs that I have recently found and love to read. Some are hilarious, some are enjoyable and some simply amaze me. Check out and decide for yourself!

blueandshoe

Big Mama's The Bristol Project

Bakow Babble

Jenny Matlock

The Rowdy Stroudy's

Me & Mine

Have a super weekend.

Maybe it will turn out awesome!

7 comments:

Rheanna Bristol said...

Thanks for the award! Your sweet! I am flattered.

I do understand the use of the words 'white trash' as I am sure you read. Amazing how fast you can feel that way.

I do love to read your blog! I can really relate to what your saying and feel like you had a day just like mine! I wish I were there to help with the cleaning! I totally would vacuum for ya!

Thanks again!

Oh, and come by for the new meme. Woulda, coulda, shoulda weekends. Super fun!

Diane said...

Oh yeah, had many a day like that and I've only got the two boys! I actually think goats are adorable to look at it but I agree, they aren't much to pet and they do smell awful stanky!
My post today is about Boys. You may appreciate it if you get a chance to stop by.

Congrats on the award! :)

Susan Anderson said...

Goats are so dirty! I used to hate having my kids pet them. Germs abounding...

Glad you made it through the day.

=)

Carrie said...

Goats are so nasty.

Aaawwwwwwwww. Thanks for the shout-out!!!

I heart you;)

Carrie said...

uhmm.."I heart you" was the wierdest thing to say ever.

How about, you rock, woman!

Unknown said...

Ah, Cleaning Day... I know what you are talking about because it happens quite often here too...and I only have one child (two if you count the husband). Sorry that your day turned out different from what you had planned. You know what the lesson of the day is, right? Never plan for Cleaning Days because they will probably never happen. It's all about spontaneous cleaning.

Teachinfourth said...

Goats aren't all that great. We had seven of them…

Ugh.