Thursday, October 28, 2010

Give me five!

Sometimes all you can do is answer the question. Here are five.

1. If you could be a fly on any wall, which would you choose?

Okay, first off, I would never want to be a fly on a wall. I would rather be a fly on a ceiling because they chance of getting whacked are much less.

My second choice would be on something glass or breakable. People are a little more careful when it comes to their china or their light fixtures.

Now, if I was a fly and could land anywhere, it would be on President Obama's nose. Why? Two reasons. First, it doesn't seem to bother him. He wouldn't try to wave me off or anything. Safety is always my first concern. And that would be a safe place. Ask the bees.

Secondly, I may get to see some great (and not so great) deals being struck behind closed doors, under tables, while sharing a beer. But if I was a fly, what difference would it make? I'm gonna die any minute now anyway. Jack frost hates me. Humph!

2. Do you budget your Christmas shopping or just get it done without budgeting?

Oh, this is a trick question. I always start with a budget. But by Dec 24, it has been tweaked, crossed through, marked up, spat upon and shredded. Do I make a budget? Darn shootin' I do. Do I follow it? That's a negative, Charlie! But I do get it done.

Hopefully by Thanksgiving this year. Don't bet the bank! (I think I just made that idiom up. Sheesh, I am really smart!)

3. What is the craziest fad diet you have ever done?

Done, to me, indicates accomplishment, closure, success. If you are asking me which fad diet I have ever done in that sense, I would have to answer none. Diets don't really work for me.

As for fads, I used to tight roll my jeans in Jr High. And I was certain that I was the one who invented it. I wore suspenders and permed my hair.

As far as crazy fad diets, I would again have to say none. But Hubs did join Quixtar at one point in our marriage. No, we didn't divorce. No, we didn't go Diamond. Yes, it is a scam. Enough said.

4. Is there a TV show that you have seen every episode/season of?

Yes. LOST. And I just have to say that the series finale was a huge disappointment. I was left scratching my head saying, "Are you serious?  Really?? Really?!!" It was kinda like Stephanie Meyers book, The Host. Could have been really good, but didn't quite make it in the end.

But I would totally watch it again. Maybe choose-your-own-ending would be a good bonus feature.

5. What one song always pulls at your heart?

Just one? Really? How can I choose? I guess I would have to say "Watch the Lamb" by Ray Boltz. It gets me every time.
Oh and if you were asking which two songs always pulls at my heart I would say "If the Savior Stood Beside Me" by our church's primary children. Oh so powerful!!

And if you said three..... I will stop!

Now I have a question for you:

What is something you would never be caught doing?

Thanks Mama M



7 comments:

Carrie said...

Never caught doing? Oh my gosh drinking the milk out of the carton. I totally do it. Crap. Now you know. Somehow freeing saying it out loud though.... ;)

paige said...

There are lots of things I'd never be caught doing but a silly one would be picking my nose. You can just never redeem yourself from that one.

I tight rolled my jeans too. COOL. were yours acid-washed?? We must be about the same age - or one of us was behind the times. :)

Lisa said...

Okay, wait. I thought I invented the rolled jeans and suspenders. Oh, never mind. I invented marbles. Well, at least my fourth grade class did. Never could figure out how there were already marbles and bags in production, if we were the first class to figure it out, but whatever. Details.

Great list. :) word verification "rheekfro" as in "Your afro reeks, man."

One Photo said...

You will never catch me doing craftsy things like dressmaking, knitting, patchwork quilt making, crocheting or anything remotely along those lines. I am a total failure and regard such activities as pure torture to boot!

Susan Anderson said...

My now 35-year-old son tight-rolled HIS pants, too. He was a cool dude.

What would I never be caught doing? Ironing my sheets. (My mother-in-law used to do this.)

Or voting for Obama.

=)

Juli said...

I'd tell you... but then I'd have to kill you :)

Unknown said...

Oh, I have such a long list of things I would never be caught doing. At the top of my list, I'd say that I'd never want to be caught ************ because then you'd know that I like to ********** and that would be embarrassing. Ha! You didn't think I'd actually tell you, right? Because then I'd be caught telling you what I like to do :)