Smudges.
Evidence that children fill my house. Evidence that most of my time is spent with my children. Making their hands dirty. Evidence that I am a little more casual about cleaning their hands after I spend time with them.
Smudges. All over my sliding glass window.
Evidence that my children love to play in my back yard. On the trampoline. On the swings. In the sandbox. On the grass. In the trees. Occasionally stepping in some of Rufus' love notes. Slipping and sliding. Shooting hoops and riding bikes. Picking greenish tomatoes and blooming flowers.
Smudges on the inside. Smudges on the outside.
I should wipe them off. Most people do. My wonderful mother-in-law almost did once but quickly decided not to because she was afraid my kids might think the door was open and may result in a trip to the Urgent Care. Good call.
Smudges. The marks my children have made on my life.
Smudges on the inside. Smudges on the outside.
Evidence of the impact they have made on my life. Anticipation. Pain. Love. Happiness. Frustration. Excitement. Pride. Embarrassment. Laughter. Complete joy.
Yeah, I know my window is dirty.
But if you will excuse me, I have some smudges to make!
Evidence that children fill my house. Evidence that most of my time is spent with my children. Making their hands dirty. Evidence that I am a little more casual about cleaning their hands after I spend time with them.
Smudges. All over my sliding glass window.
Evidence that my children love to play in my back yard. On the trampoline. On the swings. In the sandbox. On the grass. In the trees. Occasionally stepping in some of Rufus' love notes. Slipping and sliding. Shooting hoops and riding bikes. Picking greenish tomatoes and blooming flowers.
Smudges on the inside. Smudges on the outside.
I should wipe them off. Most people do. My wonderful mother-in-law almost did once but quickly decided not to because she was afraid my kids might think the door was open and may result in a trip to the Urgent Care. Good call.
Smudges. The marks my children have made on my life.
Smudges on the inside. Smudges on the outside.
Evidence of the impact they have made on my life. Anticipation. Pain. Love. Happiness. Frustration. Excitement. Pride. Embarrassment. Laughter. Complete joy.
Yeah, I know my window is dirty.
But if you will excuse me, I have some smudges to make!
No comments:
Post a Comment