We have "No Touch" zones in our house.
I don't mean places in our house that you can't touch....although that is a good idea. Not that they would be respected in my house, but still. But that's not what I am talking about. You see, we have taught all our kids that there are places on their bodies that people should not touch. We are very clear on this subject.
Thank goodness for that!
Last Saturday, my 13 year old son informed me that his teacher had slapped his rear end. What!! Say that again!! Slowly. Start over, please.
"I was leaning over to pick up my backpack and someone slapped my butt. I stood up and turned to see that is was my teacher. I said, 'What the heck!' Then she smiled and said, 'I'm sorry. It was right in front of me. I couldn't resist.'"
Ummmm, excuse me! Why couldn't you! Are you 13 years old or an adult? Are you not a trained educator of children? Do you not watch the news??? What is wrong with this lady? There are some lines that you don't cross. Actually, there are some lines that you should never approach. Apparently she doesn't think there are any lines.
This teacher....has been bothering me this whole year. She is the art teacher. She sometimes will have pictures of naked people up, which I understand is "art" but I am not sure that's the kind of art you want to be displaying in your 8th grade art class.
She has also allowed crude, inappropriate behaviour to happen in her class several times.Like the time she had the whole class draw a picture of a male student with a broomstick between his legs. Not bad in and of itself except that the boy proceeded to masturbate the stick. Now the class was no longer drawing a broomstick, rather his erected male part. She simply laughed and told the kids to draw.
You can bet I was in the office on Monday morning. At best it was sexual harassment. Grossly irresponsible. Incredibly unacceptable. Needless to say, he is no longer in her class and the school is dealing with her.
"No touch" zones are not to be messed with.
Ever!
4 comments:
WHAT WHAT WHAT please tell me you are making this whole thing up!
Scary what goes on that is never addressed. I hope you get some response to this... it's not okay. (And I'd think this even if it was a coach with his team)
Wow, definitely inappropriate... and I have a degree in art!
So not okay.
Agreed.
=)
Post a Comment