Friday, May 24, 2013

Epic.

Today was Epic.

The movie.

It came out today.. This is the new movie put out by the same people who made Ice Age. I tell you this in case you don't have 5 kids who have been begging to see this show for the past 8 months. I do.

But the movie wasn't the only epic going on.

First there was the crew. .  Seven children and one adult to be exact..To say I was slightly outnumbered would be an understatement. I had my five along with two of my brother's kids. Pretty epic.

Then there was the concession stand. I ordered a large popcorn with the free refill already refilled...not in another bag. That would make too much sense and be far too easy. Nope, the second bag was actually put in two large trays.  I also got two large sodas with 5 extra cups.

I had to make two trips.

And as epic as that was, the distributing of said goods was epic times two. Pouring, dividing, spilling, refilling, passing, counting, positioning, spilling.

But my epic didn't start until Epic started.

As I looked down that long row of children, I saw eyes glued to the screen, smiles and giggles, whispers and laughter, enjoyment that you can only see on the face of a child. Isn't that why we do these things? To create memories; both for them and for us? 

Mission accomplished.

Epic, indeed.

4 comments:

Juli said...

My advice, since I've taken 15 kids (under 11) with only 2 adults on multiple occasions. Next time, bring a red solo cup with the bottom cut out. Go to the dollars store and get those popcorn bags they sell with the red stripes. Then put the cup into the mouth of the bag, scoop it out of the big bucket and it will fall into the bag. Then you can hand them out.

Oh. And smuggle in juice boxes. WAY less mess. :)

A+ for an EPIC day! And amazingly, I had no idea it was out yet.

Laura@The Oily Cupboard said...

that's what i have enjoyed about movies with older kids....the joy on their faces....

jsturner1 said...

What do you rate it? Worth full price or dollar theatre worthy?

icdamoon said...

Great movie! We saw it while at Disney World. We have done the same thing with the trays but with only two kids it is way simpler. Two trays, divide the large Popcorn and get the refill with Extra butter flavored goo (as my wife loves that) and they share a soda. Life is good. Great ideas from those above. As a former child of a family of 7 kids, we never went to a movie in the theater. My first was Jonathan Livingston Seagul and ummm that was one way that I guess my mom could turn us off to movies in the theater... it was all about some dumb bird flying in the sky with music the whole time... it is ok for like 4.5 minutes then it is boring... BORING! Didn't go to another until I went to Ghostbuster's (the original) and paid for it myself after working mowing lawns for $4 a hour. I went with my younger sister on the city bus which was an EPIC event in itself as back then there wasn't any computers to tell you when the bus would come. And we had never ever ridden a bus before...

So yes... EPIC is a great word all around for Movie trips and movie names!