Smells are like songs. Okay, so they aren't exactly like songs, but like songs, they can take you back to your childhood.
There are a few smells that do that for me....
Lilac bushes- I hate the smell of them, but my mom had one in our front yard and insisted that we take pictures by it before we went to prom.
Old Spice- My dad.
Cinnamon Rolls- Mom
All these smells, take me back to the happy days of my youth.
The other day as Hubs and I were working in the yard he said to me, "I love this smell. It makes me happy."
"Really? Seriously? THIS?!?" I asked.
I was baffled, for right in front of me were 10 bags of cow manure.
Because that has "Home Sweet Home" written all over it.
5 comments:
Too funny. Although I do get it... I love the smell of fresh mulch.
And freshly done laundry. Particularly when I'm not the one having done it.
OH! And brownies. :)
i have lost count of how many times i say this to my kids they just laugh
The smells I love best are always the smells from my childhood.
And Old Spice is one of them. Cinnamon rolls, too.
=)
I agree with him on the manure smell, but lilacs? Really? The best flower ever? Wow.
Can we still be friends? ;)
Mmm, the smell of cinnamon is one of the best. Unfortunately, Chinese people just smell old and musty which is the smell that reminds me of home.
Oh and the smell of the medicine cabinet reminds me of my grandparents house. Yes, people give me a weird look when I tell them that I love to open up my grandparents medicine cabinet and take a nice big sniff because it smells good.
Baby smells are nice too though for the first few weeks after K was born, all I could smell from her was milk vomit. So when people hold her and take a nice big sniff and tell me how much they love the smell of babies, all I can say is "Really? You like the smell of milk vomit?"
Post a Comment