Ahhhh....it's school-is-out-summer!!
You know what that means, right?
1- Because my kids can now sleep in, they are guaranteed to wake up before 6:00 every morning. Why? Why does this happen!!?? No, really....why?
2- Cereal for breakfast just ain't gonna cut it. You know the saying "Where much time is given, much breakfast is required." You've never heard of that one? What can I say....I'm cultured.
3- I am bound to forget to sunblock all of my children, 50% of the time we go to the pool. You would think that after having 5 kids, it would be like breathing. But I've always been asthmatic, so.....
4- My food bill is gonna go through the roof. And I live in a two story house. Who chooses PBJ when there is pizza in the freezer.
5- Hours and hours of fun!!!.....minus the 20 hours that are filled with complete and utter boredom.
But the best part of school-is-out-summer is that I get to take all the time I want with my little ones. I get to watch them play and just be. They grow up too fast and somehow school steals that time away from me. Everyday they get older. I bet you didn't know that, but it's true.
So I try and cherish the time I get to have with them...until about Aug 1. By then I am totally cherished out.
Watch out, school-is-out-summer! Here we come!!
3 comments:
I had to laugh over the sleeping in thing! You are soooo right!
Happy start of summer to you all!
I guess I was lucky my children did not break up for summer until mid to late July . Six weeks followed , with standard two weeks holiday. That left four weeks to fill their days . Museum, cinemas picnics, and just chilling. Oh I mish those days
I used to love welcoming summer...and like you, I was always ready for the respite of fall!
;)
Post a Comment