You are all familiar with the Garden of Get Some Money, right?
No?
Even my four year old knows what that is. Okay, so ONLY my four year old knows what that is. At least until a few days ago.
You see, for Easter, our kids learned a beautiful song in Primary (children's Sunday school class). It's called "Gethsemane."
Jesus climbed the hill
To the garden still
His steps were heavy and slow
Love and a prayer
Took Him there
To the place only He could go
Gethsemane
Jesus loves me
So He went willingly
To Gethsemane
The song has a few more verses and if you want to read the whole song you can go here. It really is wonderful.
The point of the story: my four year old sat down by me the other day and said, "Mommy, sing the Get Some Money song."
"Huh? I don't think I know that song. How does it go?" I asked.
He proceeded to sing the song except where it said "Gethsemane," he sang "Get Some Money."
All this time he has been thinking that Christ went to the Garden to get some money.
Hilarious.
4 comments:
That's super funny. I just heard that song for the first time yesterday. Beautiful!
Ha! Awesome. :)
Don't you love it? When my youngest was about the same age, he was listening to "Bernadette" by the Four Tops and thought it said "Burned to Death." He was actually quite disturbed...
=)
So THAT'S where the idea of the collection plate come from!
Post a Comment