Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Air soft...yeah right.

My son owns a gun.

An air-soft gun. Why are they named that anyway?  It's not shooting air and when it hits you it hurts. No softness about it.  Kobe has recieved many a bruise from these air-soft guns. Basically it's a BB gun with platic BB's.

I know, because I have picked up about a million of them with my bare hands. I tried picking them up with my vaccum, too. Yeah, that doesn't work very well at all.

Reguardless, those little suckers can really hurt someone. Just ask Briggy.

I was exercising the other day (Hey now, get off the floor...it does happen every now and again) and Briggy came into the room saying he needed to blow his nose. "I need to get it out," is what he said.

So I gave him a tissue. "Blow it in this," I instructed him. -Side note, teaching kids how to blow their nose is so hard. They just want to suck in their stuff. Anyone else have that problem? End sidenote-

So he blew and I thought we were done with it, right?

Wrong. He kept saying, "How do I get it out, Mommy? It really hurts."

"Wow. Okay, well blow really hard. Sometimes the boogies are hard to get out. So blow really really hard."

He did. Nothing.

By this point he is crying. Wow, this kid is really wants the boogies out.

"Ok, Briggy. Blow as hard as you can," I coached. And blow he did. And out came one of those air-soft pellets.

Good thing he didn't sniff that one up into his brain. Can you imagine. "What happened to him?"

"Oh, you know. He snorted air-soft pellets as a child."

See, dangerous!

5 comments:

jsturner1 said...

At least you didn't have to use tweezers to get it out like I did with Ella and the Pixo!

Love that Briggy!

Michelle aka Naila Moon said...

LOL_I suppose it could have been much worse!

Stef said...

Haha! I think there must be something in the book if life that says at least one child shall put a foreign object up their nose. Ha

Stef said...

Haha! I think there must be something in the book if life that says at least one child shall put a foreign object up their nose. Ha

Susan Anderson said...

Seriously, though. I kinda think they ARE dangerous.

So funny, however, that he got it up his nose. Glad he..uh...retrieved it relatively easily.

;)