Saturday, November 24, 2012

I just simply forgot

I think I am losing my mind.

Oh, wait. You already knew that. It only says it in my blog title. Ha. Right.

But this time I am worried because I am not having any more children, and still....there it goes. Leaving. Walking out the door. Not even chocolate can bring it back. Sigh.

So what did I do this time to reaffirm that, yes, I am indeed losing my mind?

I locked myself out of my car.

No biggie, right? People do it all the time. I am not the first one to have done that.

Except that the keys were in the ignition. And the car was still running.

Right?

In the middle of the day, still not a big deal. But I am not that simple. I, of course, have to make things more complicated. Live life on the edge a little. 

You see, I work at night. Late into the night. I don't get off until midnight. And it wasn't until that time that I thought, "Uhhh, where the heck did I....ummm...I don't think I remember turning off my car."

Who remembers turning off their car? I mean, really? I think it's like breathing....except that you don't need it to live...we just do it without thinking. Well, this time, I didn't turn off my car without thinking. I didn't turn it off...at all.

Oh, and I locked the door.

So there I stood, at 12:05am.....scratching my head wondering what to do.

I couldn't really call my husband because...well, he's Deaf. And so unless he is sleeping with his phone under his pillow and the vibrate option is at full throttle there is no chance of waking him. Who am I kidding? There is zero chance of waking him even in the idealest of situtaions. When he sleeps, the world is dead to him.
`
Lucky for me, my co-workers were with me. Lucky for me my co-worker was willing to drive me home. Lucky for me, our spare key is lost and is no-where to be found. Lucky for me Hubs had to be to work by 7:40am. Lucky for me, it was parent/teacher conference day and all my kids were at home with me.

I am one lucky woman. 

It's alright. I'll forget it all happened next week.

4 comments:

Michelle aka Naila Moon said...

It is ok, it happens but lucky for you! ;-)

jsturner1 said...

Stef!!!! I need more details. How did you get it unlocked? So sorry! We really should put together a blog just for our oops's. You know to make us all feel better when we do something amazingly smart like that.

Jenny said...

Oh girl!

Just.

Oh.

Girl.

If you weren't so lucky think how boring life would be.

Yeah.

That's my comment and I'm sticking to it!

Susan Anderson said...

Now, THAT'S a story!

And a very unusual one...

;)