Monday, November 26, 2012

All in the name of pillows.

Alright. Is anyone else done with Black Friday?

 I was never really into Black Friday until about 4 years ago. Since then, I have gone somewhere every year. I don't go to get the deal...at least not entirely.

It's more about doing something sneaky. You know, when everyone is asleep, unaware that you are not home. Unaware that you are out spending money. On them.

There's just something about being out in the middle of a really cold night, in a very long line with other people who are just as excited as you are, freezing their butts of for pillows. Fun, right?

Well, it is.

Then they changed the time. 

Hello! My family isn't sleeping yet! It isn't cold enough! It isn't dark enough! There is no sneaking!! Less fun.

But I thought I would go anyway.

Hubs and I decided to go at 10pm...because I refused to leave any earlier. When we got to Target, there were parking spaces. Hello! There are never parking spots. So we walk in and I am telling you everything was gone....except the line. All the fun crazy....done.

So we left empty handed after 5 minutes.

"Hey! Let's go to Kohl's," I suggest. They had a lot of great deals on things I wanted.

So Hubs and I pull into Kohl's about 10:45pm. We get out and start walking to the line...which wasn't bad, as far as Black Friday lines go.

"It isn't opened yet??? We have to stand in line? I'm cold. No way I am waiting in line," he complained.

"What! Who....why are you trying to ruin my fun!!!"

"Well, it's not like it's an iPhone. It's pillows," responded iHubs.

"Pillows are like iPhones on Black Friday! Don't you get it! It's not about what you are buying, it's about standing in line, in the freezing cold, in the middle of the night, for a really long time, watching people go crazy....for pillows! It's fun! That is fun!!!" I was being slightly dramatic.

"I'm going to wait in the car," he said. And fun decided to leave.

And I went home, turned on a movie and opened up my laptop and got my pillows. Very anti-climactic.

Hubs, on the other hand, went out again with his friend to look at guns and stand in a long line to buy bullets. Yes, I did say bullets.

How is that better than pillows?

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Laughing here.

Bullets?

Just hilarious!

Susan Anderson said...

hahaha

I hope you don't use them on him.

;)