I love seeing people at their best. Competing to be the best in the world. Heck, best on the PLANET!! It's inspiring. Motivating. Sometimes unbelievable. We pray for them every night....the Olympians. Pray that they can do their best without injury.
I love watching the beach volleyball, swimming, track and field, diving, gymnastics, etc. Did you see the guy without legs racing..and keeping up? What about Missy Franklin! Way to go Gabby Douglas!! How cool is it that both women's beach volleyball teams made it to the finals. That's amazing!!
Olympics are awesome.
But I must say that my favorite events aren't happening in London. Oh, no. My favorites events by far are the Livingroom Olympics.
You've never heard of them?
There are times, sometimes in the middle of the day, sometimes late afternoon, and even in the mornings, when our livingroom transforms into a variety of Olympic arenas.
Sometimes its a swimming pool and my children swim the 200 IM, or the 100 Freestyle relay. They have a mean Butterfly. It's always a close finish. There's always a smile. And of course, they always take the gold.
Other times it becomes a gym. My gymnasts are quite amazing. The carpet becomes the mat and the couch becomes the horse. They do somersaults and cartwheels. Leaps and flips. Spins and landings. All amazing. All breathtaking. And of course, they always take the gold.
They synchronize swim. They dive. They take the gold in all water sports.
They sprint. They hurdle. They long jump and discus. They top the podium on the track as well.
I watch them from the sidelines, which at the moment happens to be the couch. I "ooooooooo" and "ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh." I clap and I cheer. I am shocked and I am awed.
I am the announcer and the spectator. The crowd and the commenter. The coach and the judge.
They always break the world record. They always do things that "have never been done before." In short, they are practically perfect in every way.
I love that my children, when they see greatness, desire to be like it, and mimic it. They believe that they are and can be just as amazing. And I agree.
And so I say, as amazing as the London games are...and they are amazing..., Livingroom Olympics take the gold.

Hooking up with Jen Matlock's ABC Thursday.
7 comments:
You are such a FUN mom!
LOVED this post!
I think it is awesome that you let them do all that in the living room. My boys would have stuff knocked off walls lol.
This has been one of my favorite parts of the Olympics--seeing how it inspires my kids.
What a great post, Stef. Really enjoyed it!
=)
I love it. I also love that Rita got in on the games. My kids have loved the olympic too. For a while, they only thought swimming was the olympics, but I think they are understanding that there are a lot of sports. P has declared that Gymnastics is now what she wants to do. We will see if it actually happens. And Olympics or not, your kids all are gold medal"ers".
very cute, and so true! You look like you have your hands full! {:-D
Oh my gosh!
We have similar games at our house when our Grandlittles are riled up.
We have the 'back of the couch balance' event that seems to be the bit hit of the day.
And the 'get off there before you break your neck yelling' event that occurs quite often during the first event.
ha!
Thanks for the laugh, Miss Stef.
You are always lovely to visit.
A+
Post a Comment