I want to be a mom.
Yes, yes. I know. Having five children kinda puts me into that category. But I want to be more mom. What does that even mean, right?
I googled Mom, because we all know that Google knows everything....and if it doesn't, then it can take us to a place that does. Here. is what I found.
Mother:
1. A female person whose egg unites with a sperm, resulting in the conception of a child. Ummm...that must have happened...five times. No problem with conception. At. All.
2. A female person who is pregnant with or gives birth to a child
Oh, I know that happened five times. Felt that for sure.
3. A woman who raises a child.
Sounds simple, right? Phwwtttt! That "raising" spans 27+ years of my life. That seems to be the hardest part about being a mother, the raising, wouldn't you agree?
4. A creative source.
Is this an option? We have to be creative in every sense. Creative in distraction of our young children. Creative in the meals. Creative in the budgeting. Creative in the school projects department. Discipline. Instructing. Chore charting. Etc.
5. A woman who holds a position of authority or responsibility
This is the un-fun part of being a mom. Sometimes it's not all fun and games. I have had to work my whole momy-ed life. It's a necessary responsibility. One I resent at times. One that brings a lot of guilt. But, sometimes we have to do what we have to do.
6. A woman respected for her wisdom and age.
Yeah, not sure my kids are calling me wise yet. Old, yup. Heck, I have been 40 for about 5 years now and I am only 37. I can say I am respected for my meanie-ness, my annoying-ness. Oh, and I'm also "sooo embarrassing." I'm thinking my wisdom will be respected later. Keeping my fingers crossed on that one.
7. The biggest or most significant example of its kind.
Wow! There is power in that, wouldn't you say? The most significant...wow! It's in us, ladies. It's in me. I need to make sure, though, that my example is one that will lead my children to God, to happiness, to family, to love. That's huge. Moms are important.
That's what I want to be. That kind of mom.
4 comments:
I love this Stef!
Seems to me like you're well on your way...
=)
Number 6... right there with you.
i failed in some of those areas
Post a Comment