Socks.
That's what they should sell.
If they sold socks I would buy a plutherah!
But no. That's not what we get.
That's right, people. It's fundraiser time. I hate this time of year. You think they would give us parents a break. I mean, some of us spend around $750 just to get our kids back to school. Public school. I haven't even had a month to recover from that yet.
Yes, I know. I know. I chose to have 5 kids. That I did. And I wouldnt' change it for the world. And education is important. Of the utmost importance. I want to be supportive of my children and the things that they are doing in school. I do.
But bedsheets? Really? They are selling bedsheets.
The cheapest ones are $26 each. How am I, a mother of 4 school age children +1, supposed to spend $100 on bedsheets that I don't really need or want? And I can't just buy one set from one of my children. Are you kidding me!? Then everyone would know which was my favorite child. And we can't have that.
No, I think they need to sell something else. Something useful. Like toilet paper. I would totally buy toilet paper. I know that we would use it. Or what about toothbrushes. You can never have too many of those things. Light bulbs. Shampoo. iPads.... no wait.
I vote for socks. Everyone needs them, they can be fun, boring, gender specific, gender generic, colors or white, long or short, all ages, all sizes, rated E for everyone.
Socks anyone?
12 comments:
not socks...maid service maybe!
The bed sheet people came and reied to get our PTA to seel them. We said no thanks. I tell my kids I will let them sell for one fundraier a year. Period. So pick wisely. I usually steer them towards jog a thon because the school keeps all the money. Be brave Stef. Just say no!!!! Or no thank you. If you want to be nice.....
Seriously? They are selling bed sheets??
That is totally weird.
=)
Here is a way out... Tell all of your kids that you are making an actual donation to the school of ... $20 each if that is good for you... and tell them that you will buy each of them a trinket (the con that the fundraiser people use to trick the kids into selling things it is a crappy reward they get for selling 10 sets of bed sheets) at the dollar store. Tell them with 5 kids it is impossible to support each one of them and that they will not have to participate and worry about it. The school will accept the money. Your kids will be happy with their "prize" and you are only out $105! Try it! It works!
Only socks if they promise they will never lose their mate. Then I'd buy them.
BED SHEETS? what kind of fundraiser is that? That is just plain crazy.
Penny wars is always a good fundraiser you put pennies in your class jar they are worth points and silver in the other classes jar that money subtracts from the pennies that class is earning. Even if you did only pennies it's still something.
Maybe you can suggest that sometime.
Many years ago our Grammar school went to a donation only fall fundraiser. No more popcorn or wrapping paper to hock. I send a couple bucks with each child. (Sometimes a quarter if I am in an ill mood and trying to make a point). Perhaps you could suggest that. I like the penny wars idea too, but bed sheets!
Umm wow. I have never ever heard of a fundraiser for a school that is selling sheets?? Just totally confused with that one..
Brilliant!
Our first fund raiser of the year is always pies. I mean come on? How many pies does one home need. And NONE of them are Gluten Free...
Sheets, really?! Never heard of a fundraiser like that! Last year we sold pasta...in all kinds of shapes....I thought that was dumb...but sheets may trump that!
Sheets?! That is bizarre... I'm mean and I won't do any of the fundraisers. The kids don't get enough from them...I'm a "give cash donation to the PTO and a candy bar to my kids" type of gal...then I know exactly how much I helped the school! ( and didn't have to peddle crap to friends and family!)
HATE fundraisers. And I never do them. Ever. Because I hate them. Are you getting this? Hate! LOL
Post a Comment