Did you know that urine lies.
Yeah. I know. I didn't think it had the capability to communicate, much less lie. But apparently it does.
You see, yesterday Briggy was complaining of a tummy-ache. So I helped him calm down and take a nap. Well, early this morning he came in crying of the same tummy ache...except the pain was more in the bladder area.
He went to the bathroom. He came out crying saying, "Mommy. It hurts when I pee. It burns!" Okay, first of all, what three year old knows to describe pain as burning. I was impressed. Then I was worried. So I called and got him an appointment to be seen a little later today.
So when we got there they had him give them a urine sample. Those are always fun to get from a 3 year old. He thought it was fun to pee in a cup. I just didn't want to get peed on.
After we finished up and she had tested the sample, she came back in with the results.
"Well, his urine is telling us two things. First it is telling us that he (Brig) hasn't eaten breakfast..." she started.
Hold it right there. I saw him eat breakfast. Twice. Once when he woke up early and then again when we brought in the Krispy Kremes. I am sure there is some scientific name for urine that indicates a lack of breakfast. But no matter the name, I saw my child eat.
Lying urine.
PS. There was a small trace of protein in his urine. Could be something. Could be nothing. I'm betting on nothing. Lying urine...sheesh.
4 comments:
That's very interesting a test that can determine if you didn't eat breakfast even though it doesn't seem very accurate.
Good luck with everything!
I can tell you that urine lies it told me I wasn't pregnant 3 times.. Guess who was.. ahem..
Sadly, my pee never lies to me. It always says I need more water and less refined sugar.
Please have him tested for Celiac... just rule it out for me (and him), mkay?
Same as Juli. For different reasons. Diabetes here.
=)
Post a Comment