Tuesday, May 22, 2012

After the final rose...

Surely none of you watch the Bachelor/Bachelorette, right? You would never.

I know I would never!

...never DVR it so I could watch it later.
...never watch after I got home from work at midnight so that my children don't know I watch that kind of smut.
...never wished that Ben would cut his dang hair.
...never think that the helicopter rides have been overused.

See, never.

But I do, however, know that they hand out roses to those individuals they feel they can't live without...until next week, when they realize there really was not chemistry...or so I've heard.

That got me thinking...what are some things that I would give a rose to...things I can't live without. Of course we start with the three givens: God. Family. Air.

But here are the other Top 10 worthy of a rose....

My iphone. Everything I know is on that phone...Even things I don't know. It's so smart. If you don't have one, how do you live without it...I mean...really?

Our trampoline. I can't tell you how much time my children spend on that thing. When we move...which we hope will be soon...we will have to leave it. It is one of those in-the-ground tramps. Love it..but what am I going to do without it??

Extra Winter fresh Gum.I have loved this gum since high school...you know...back when gum was first invented. It's cool and refreshing...like me...except I'm not blue...or chewy...or wrapped in foil-like paper. I like it because it keeps its flavor for a long time and  keeps my breath fresh. But mostly I like it because it is the only gum my kids won't sneak from my purse.

Jeans. It's what I wear. They can be long, Capri, shorts...it doesn't matter. Just give me my jeans and I am one happy camper.

Sleep. No, wait. I have been living without that for the past 12 years. I don't think I would know what to do if I actually got a decent night's sleep.

Scotch sponges. You know them. The yellow ones with green scrubbers on the back. Yeah, I love them. They can pretty much get off everything.

Allrecipes. It has everything. Really...it does.

DVR. Best invention ever. Now I can watch The Bachelor anything I want whenever I want. I can skip the teasers and commercials. If I miss something or just want to watch it again I can go back. Pause? Yup. Such a great technology.

Pancakes. What would I do without them. They are my go to food when I can't think of anything to make for dinner. Here's the recipe I use. So yummy.

Socks. I love them. Partly because they protect my feed from the stuff that is on my kitchen floor. Partly because they snuggle my feet...add a little cushion. But mostly I like socks because when my teenager puts his on, I don't have to smell his feet.

So what do you say, my inanimate objects? Will you accept my rose? No? Too bad, you are here to stay.

What about you? What would you give a rose to?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Jeans! Most definitely!

Love your list ; )

jsturner1 said...

Chocolate. And Wendy's frostys. And the washing machine. Oh and I soooooooo second the trampoline. And the IPhone. And coupons. And blogs. And dr pepper. School, oh how that will be missed. And children's books. And Max. There you have it.

Susan Anderson said...

Your blog!

=D

Carrie said...

I don't have an iphone---GASP-- but I somehow live without it. I think that means I am cooler than the rest of the world, no?

I am dying for a trampoline though. Can't wait to have a house to have one!

I would have to I can't live without nice sheets. Sleep is hard enough to get without making it uncomfortable.