Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Understatement

Understatements:

A life without green chili isn't worth living.

I have cute kids.

Cooked raisins are gross.

"The Book Thief" is a really good book.

Urine smell does not come out of grout (Don't ask how I know this.)

Laundry is never finished.

He needs some new shoes.

Ya think???

Understatement

Linking up with Jen Matlock's ABC Thursday!

14 comments:

Unknown said...

I HATE that urine smell doesn't come out of grout... even with a Clorox bleach pen.... ick!

Gabe said...

Oh these are too funny! We've had shoes do that too! Boys are sooo hard on shoes!

Kerri said...

Green chili?! And to do have CUTE kids!

Susan Anderson said...

Why does grout have to be so porous?

;)

Juli said...

Ha, at first I was like"Where did she get that picture of my shoes?"

Then I remembered you're a mom too and I think we all have pairs like that somewhere in the house.

EllenaElizabeth said...

He he, funny thoughts you've listed there. I hate to be a spoil sport but I did get it outta my Mum's grout. Lemon juice and bicarb left to sit for a few hours and then sprinkled a few drops of eucalyptus oil on it as well, after cleaning the bicarb and lemon off. I enjoyed visiting your blog.

Vicki/Jake said...

HAHA, this is one funny post! Bet there's more like it here. I best go follow you now:) And whattheheck...how DID it get there? mwahahaa...

SeaThreePeeO said...

Ha ha! Brilliant post. I could have written a few of those understatements myself.

Herding Cats

http://seathreepeeo.blogspot.com

VBR said...

understatements, yes. but, some of them, well, they just make life so much more enjoyable. those shoes - the sign of a boy who plays hard, works hard and has a mom who loves him, even if he does add to the grout problem!

Laura@The Oily Cupboard said...

I came across my middle child...wait he's not middle anymore...he's #2 ....well he will always be that middle child...anywho....i was cleaning out their shoes buckets and notice his shoe....the whole toe was wrapped in duct tape....i guess instead of telling mom he needed a new pair he fixed it....so nasty too! i don't know if i should be horrified that he walked around in them like that and i didn't notice...or how brilliant he was to "fix" it himself! hahah

Anonymous said...

I am now so afraid to smell my grout. I hope you find fun shoes that will last for a long time.

Splendid Little Stars said...

ha ha!
What a fabulous post!
I like The Book thief, too (listened to it). In fact, you are rather writing in that style in this post!

Anonymous said...

With 5 boys, I know what you mean! lol

Jenny said...

This was such a Unique post for the letter "U"... Excellent job!

I love ALL of these Understatements, so true...

Thanks for linking.

A+