How much money does the tooth fairly leave for your teeth.
After a few disappointing mornings of that fairy forgetting...she usually scraps together some change..rarely totalling more than $1. And that's on a good day.
So you can imagine my surprise when my son got $120 for his tooth this morning. Right?
What? How did this happen?
Last night, Kobe came into the room, a little frantic, "Mom! I was flossing my teeth and one of my teeth broke!!"
"Let me see," I said. Wonderful! This is the same tooth that we had paid money to a not-so great dentist to cap a few years ago. I am thinking it's another crappy job and now there is decay underneath. Root canal keeps haunting my brain.
"Does it hurt?" I asked. "Not too bad," he answered then went to bed.
Some time between 9:30pm and 6:45am the pain arrived. He couldn't bite because the tooth was too low. It was throbbing and he was nearing tears. So he popped an ibuprofen and I called the dentist who happens to be Kobe's Sunday School teacher, but that's irrelevant.
Into the dentist we went.
The dental assistant took an x-ray. She took a look at it and said, "Ummm, I think he is just losing a tooth. See, there is the baby tooth...falling out. And there is the new tooth."
What the??? Serious? I have 5 kids! How did I overlook the possibility that this tooth could just be a baby tooth being pushed out by the permanent?
The dentist comes in and does a little wiggling this way, "Does this hurt?" and a little wiggling that way, "What about that?" and !pop! out comes the tooth. Simple. No shots. No drilling. No root canal!
"There ya go Kobe. Here's your tooth. Put it under your pillow so the tooth fairy can leave you some money," he reminded. "Ha ha ha..." we laughed.
We laughed all the way to the cashier. End of laughing.
I can hear Kobe now. "Mom! The tooth fairy didn't leave me any money for my tooth."
"Oh, yes she did. See that piece of paper that says $120? That's what she paid for your tooth. Hahaha!"
ps But I am grateful it wasn't a root canal and that we basically just paid for the x-ray. He really is a great dentist!!
5 comments:
I'm impressed he flosses!! Maybe he can come teach my kids a thing or two about flossing ; ). Glad it wasn't serious!!!
Much better than my last adventure with Hyrum. Don't you hate it when things like that happen, things that not only make you look dumb but force you to pay while looking that way?
I'm w/Heidi and impressed at his flossing. My kids still get $1/tooth. I think the most I've given is $2 and usually, like you, it's in change. When they first lost baby teeth, they got quarters. Recession (or just a plain old, eh, it's a tooth). The fairy who services our house is so darn forgetful!
Gotta love that kind of outcome! Even if it had to be pointed out to you...
;)
LOL! We left $5 for the 1st tooth (just $1 thereafter) and I was beginning to think that was pretty steep!
Post a Comment