Monday, April 2, 2012

I Learned It From My Kids

"What have you had to give up for your significant other."

That was the prompt from Mama Kat's weekly Writer's Workshop that inspired my "So I Married a Deaf Man" series. I read that prompt and really dug deep trying to answer that question.

And then I cried. (Remember, I do that a lot.)

Not because I felt like I had lost so much and was now having an identity crisis  But because marrying who I did, who I chose, had changed my life dramatically. How could I write about that in one post:. Fit all that emotion, both funny and frustration, highs and lows, grumbles and grins, all in one post? How? What had I given up? I actually haven't been able to write a post that answers that exact question...yet.

But I must say that I have found a lot of joy in writing that series. It has been fun. And I actually have come to realize that we, Hubs and I, really aren't all that different. Just extreme. With a splash of uniqueness.

But that isn't what this post is about. Nope. You see, I have been inspired again. By none other than Mama Kat. "Name something that you can learn from your child."

There was no way I could honestly answer that question in one post. Heck, I learn something new from my kids everyday. Some of them are funny. Some of them are interesting. And some of them are down right inspirational.

Bada-Bing! A new series was born. "I Learned It From My Kids."

Surely you can relate, right? Don't we all learn things from our kids? So I thought I would share mine with you. Oh and hey, guess what. You can share yours with me too. That's right, I am going to try to have a linky...unless no-one else wants to share and then I will just talk about me.

I'm good at that. Hence this blog.

What do ya think? Wanna join me?

Fridays. Here. With your kids....or at least their stories.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

can't wait!

Unknown said...

Girl there are things I didn't want to learn from my kids bwhahaha.

Gabe said...

Great idea!

Susan Anderson said...

Sounds like a great plan to me!

=)

CB said...

Bada Bing! Sounds good. Sometimes I have trouble thinking and remembering but I'll do my bestestestest!

Juli said...

Fabulous!

What I have learned from them today... how to give a really effective guilt trip.

Melanie said...

Fun...I'll totally join. If I ever start blogging again, that is.