Sometimes all it takes is just seeing the toilet.
We have our youngest in pull-ups at night. Most of time he wakes up dry. But sometimes all night is too long for him. Heck, sometimes all night is too long for me...but this is not a post about me.
So naturally when we stayed this past weekend at my sister's house, he slept in pull-ups. And like most mornings, he woke up dry. Every morning. I love it when that happens.
One such morning of pull-up dryness, we headed up the stairs for breakfast. Once up the stairs, he decided that it was time to go the the potty. He opened the door, dropped his pants, spotted the toilet and that was it. Game over. Open the flood gates.
Whoosh!
All over the floor. And when I say all over...I mean all over and then some. There he stood....with his dry pull-up at his ankles. I hate it when that happens!
Sigh...
Funny thing is I think he would have been okay...
...had he not looked at the toilet.
6 comments:
what is it about seeing the toilet or hearing water....it's an open invite whether ur there or not haha
I fully agree. It sounds odd that the sight of it (or the sound of water like Laura says) has such a power of suggestion, but it's true. My boy isn't dry through the night yet, but when he gets up in the morning that's the first thing we do: head to the bathroom. And like you, I've learned the hard way to make him move faster b/c the minute I open the door...
hahaha
=D
Like when I am dying to go and my husband starts saying things like, "water falls, the sound of rain pouring down, the tap on full blast..." helpful things like that. Good luck with that. :)
I find that I'm good in the morning until I stand up. Then gravity takes over and I'm done. :)
That is kind of funny! I mean a big mess but you wonder what goes on in those little minds.
Post a Comment