Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Behind closed doors

Hubs and I were going through the toys upstairs....there are many of them. Too many. Hence the "going through."

Briggy, our baby, was also going through the toys. For different reasons. We were trashing.  He was salvaging. Such the little helper.

One of the things he salvaged was a gun. No, not a real gun. What kind of mother do you take me for?? It was a Nerf gun. The cheap kind. The cocking mechanism was broken, meaning if you pulled it back, there was no guarantee that it would stay cocked.

Briggy found this out the hard way. You see, he isn't quite strong enough to cock the gun using his hands. Instead, he uses his mouth. And since the cock didn't stick, he pinched his lips with the gun. It was painful. He bled. Then he cried.

Then he tried it again.

Hubs tried to explain to him that he needed to stop so that he wouldn't get hurt. Then he tried it again. I tried to reason with him. Then he tried it again. After a little while, he walked into his brother's room and locked the door.

I asked him, "Briggy. Why are you locking the door?"
"Because I don't want you to see me biting the gun," he responded.

A few minutes later, he calls out,"I'm biting the gun again!"

The kid can't lie...or keep a secret for that matter. I love it!

8 comments:

Dana @ Bungalow'56 said...

Obviously you've been teaching, honesty is the best policy : )
Dana

Juli said...

Crack me up! We also pitch the toys here... every October. Just in time for Birthdays and Christmas so we can repeat the process all over again.

And BY THE WAY... Love the chickens!

Anonymous said...

I love children's brutal honesty.

Susan Anderson said...

hahaha

=D

Susan Anderson said...

I hope you come visit my blog today because I want to see if I can talk you out of using word verification. I have so much trouble getting these dumb captchas right since they made them double and twisty!

=)

Just Jennifer said...

Oh man, I love the things kids do/say! What a cutie pie <3

Melanie said...

He he he....what a cute boy. I bet it's so fun having him around. :)

Mary said...

Ha, ha! At least he's honest! :D