Tuesday, December 20, 2011

If you weren't diabetic before...

Today is a special day.

Today is "Load up on all the sugar you can" Day...aka Gingerbread House Making Day! My kids are totally chuck full of mini M&M's, licorice, icing, chocolate, marshmallows, icing, suckers, Cadbury chocolate balls, peppermints, icing...

Yeah, they are bouncing. Off the walls.  Too bad I had to run off to work.

"Huh? What's that, Hubs? What are you supposed to do with these kids? Not sure...I have to go to work. Just protect the tree. Love you! Mwah!" Hubs is awesome. Half of the craziness is hearing the craziness. So he is only half crazed.

(Singing) I have pictures! 
I made this one.

.
Okay, so maybe not. I don't have time to make my live-in house look that nice. It's so not happening for a gingerbread house that will be crushed and ruined in about 10 minutes.
 
You would think that a 2 yr old's house would have candy overload. Not mine...although he had finished off like 5 suckers. But still. (He is so cute!!!!Sorry...mother moment.)

Kobe, being the big boy that he is, designed, built and decorated his all on his own. Fantastic!

Kyla is my artsy girl. She is my only girl. And she is artsy fartsy. Not really farsty...that would be my four boys. Anyway, she is very particular about how her house is made. And it looked great!

Brody never holds back. It's all or nothing for him. And as you can see...tonight it was all. 

Camden also didn't want a lot of help. And just do you know...you are looking at the "naked" side. A future Brody, perhaps? 

The next three are my super cute nieces and nephew. They, too, are part of our tradition. Nothing like living close to family! We love it. We love them! Booya!
 

And so ends our gingerbread extravaganza! Good luck Hubs!

Think of us, my friends, as you brush your teeth tonight.

7 comments:

Susan Anderson said...

They all look like they're having a ball! My grandkids always make them at my house, too. Cannot believe how much candy they put on them!

=)

Arnebya said...

We're making houses Christmas Eve. It's going to be our new tradition. Thanks for the photos; the kids look like they're having so much fun and they give me lots of idea!

Melanie said...

WOw...they all look fantastic. I never thought of using cones for trees. Good idea.

Unfortunately, because of nut allergies we don't get to buy those store bought ones. It's either make my own gingerbread or use graham crackers. Yeah...we use graham crackers. Sigh...

thanks for the sugar overload....I'm jittering already.

Diane said...

Very impressive. We just usually buy the kit at the grocery store and make one house. Which reminds me, we still haven't made it yet!

Anonymous said...

We had blast decorating one this year. JDaniel ate most of the candy before it got on the house.

Juli said...

Kyla's is awesome and I love that snowman!

And yes. I stood in amazement at "YOUR" gingerbread house, before scrolling down. You totally should have claimed that.

Carrie said...

I love the graham cracker houses! They are the easiest to make and are forgiving;) Cute stuff!