Thursday, December 1, 2011

Use the Force

We love Christmas music in our house. Love it. Have been listening to it since Nov 1. That's love, alright. I have a ton of Christmas music and so we need two months just to listen to it all.

We love Star Wars in our house. Not as much as you, Bethany, but we do love it. My kids walk around the house humming the "Darth Maul" song. Every Halloween, someone is someone/thing from Star Wars. We have the little guys, the Lego's, the music, the movies, the posters.

So what does Christmas music and Star Wars have to do with each other?

One of the Christmas songs that is on our favorite's list is Amy Grant's version of "Emmanuel." I hear my kids singing it often, but hadn't really paid much attention to the words they were singing. Not until yesterday. 

My daughter walked past singing, "He’s the Prince of Peace, Mighty God, Obi-Wan! Emmanuel."

"Did you just say Obi-Wan?" I asked.

"Yes. That's what it says. Prince of Peace, Mighty God, Obi-Wan!" she said.

I knew Christ had many names, I just didn't know Obi-Wan was one of them. I guess he is the Ultimate Force, so why not.

8 comments:

Arnebya said...

That is absolutely hilarious. Can't say, though, that I'm ready for constant Christmas music. We listen all year long (not on purpose, but if the iPod is on random and Nat King Cole comes on, we don't turn it off).

jen said...

We would have that at our house too. Hyrum ofen asks for the mean Star Wars or the good Star Wars songs as bedtime songs.

Susan Anderson said...

We have that CD, too, and I sang it to myself with Obi-Wan. What a great story! So, so cute.

By the way, did you know there's a Star Wars Christmas advent calendar? Just FYI.

And, finally, I have to share the story of my child's lyrical whimsy. I used to listen to the 4 Tops all the time when he was little (I loved oldies and still do), and he was fond of singing "Burned to Death." (aka "Bernadette"). I know, a rather unsettling interpretation. He is now a Marriage and Family Counselor. I hope this doesn't scare anyone out there...

;)

Laura@The Oily Cupboard said...

ok that was too precious!
(that is so like me...i hear a lyric and sing it that way for years...not until recently have i learned how wrong i was and WHAT the song is really about)

Mary said...

HAHAHAHA! That is priceless!

Melanie said...

He he he. That's classic.

Lois Sparks said...

hahahaha!!!! I would be laughing out loud right now if my kids weren't taking a nap. That is so funny!

CB said...

Oh that is darling! Kids really say some funny stuff and it's great when you can catch it.
I have been listening to Christmas music since the beginning of Nov. too - cannot get enough!