This morning my two year old, Brig, snuck into bed with me. He crawled over my half dead body and plopped himself right next to my face.
I closed my eyes and had almost fallen back to sleep when I hear him say,
"How about let's not do that."
"Huh? What did you say? What are you talking about?" I asked.
"This," he said and then he closed his eyes and began breathing. "That. How about let's not do that."
"Breathing? You don't want me to breath?....(processing...it is early, remember)...Oh, you don't want me to breath on you. Is that right?" I clarified.
"Yes. That. Let's don't do that."
Polite little boy, isn't he. Except that he was in my bed, on my pillow, in my face, asking me not to breath. But other than that, he's awesome!
Wish I had a better picture of him, but Hubs uploaded then deleted all the pictures off my phone and so this is what I have to work with. But believe me, he is as sweet as that cherry dipped cone, I tell ya.

10 comments:
Boy they demand a lot of us don't they?! :) And, cherry dipped cone? I've only ever heard of chocolate dipped!
Wow, that cone looks fantastic! And I'm laughing b/c let's not be on my pillow if my life required exhales are a bother, buddy.
That just made me laugh!
=D
PS. Merry Christmas, Stef. I put up my Christmas Eve story today...It's not short, but my family thinks it's a goodie! (Your kids would like the one I put up last year better, though. This year's one is more for older kids and adults.)
Very sweet. And I will remember that line with Hunky Hubby in the mornings...
That is so cute!
Merry Christmas!
OK that is so cute! Kids own us - they just do!!
Hope you and your sweet family have the Merriest of Christmas's!!!
HA! Guess he didn't want you breathing in his space, even though it was really yours! :D
That is hysterical! I was reading my nieces a book last night, and realized a little late how horrid my breath likely was, so I tried to "not do that" while they were in my personal space. There were a few weird looks, but at least they didn't point an accusing finger.
Thing about having adult braces is that when they come off you still have to wear retainers. Retainers that hold every God forsaken bacteria that stinks like Satan himself within your mouth and make your breath smell like death.
No one comes near me in the morning before I get my tooth brush.
No one. :)
The cone looks heavenly! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!
Post a Comment