We are all a little like swimming pools.
We all have a deep side. And we all a shallow side. Some people seem to be more like a wading pool while others are as deep as the ocean. But we all have a little shallow in us.
My shallow end is full of wrangler jeans.
Yes. It's true. I hate them. Loath them. I throw up a little in my mouth when I see them. No offense to you Wrangler lovers. I know there are some of you out there. They just aren't for me. No man should ever wear Wrangler's. Ever. Period.
They are deal breakers for me.
I once went out on a date with a guy who was cute, he was funny, a great catch. At least that is what I thought until he entered my apartment to pick me up for the date in a pair of those bad boys. From that moment on, he annoyed the heck out of me.
Poor guy. He didn't even know what hit him.
Shallow.
I knew I could NEVER marry a man who thought it was okay to wear them. Luckily for Hubs he didn't own a pair.
So you can imagine my horror when I was going through my son's pants drawer and there were........Wranglers!!!!
"What the.... Where in the name of all that is holy did you get these sickos?!?!!" I growled.
"You bought them for me," he replied, looking at me funny.
"Ohhohohoho no I didn't! I would never. Believe me, I would have remembered if I bought you these pants. Actually, I would have shot myself first before buying them for you. Where is your father?"
He shrugs. Obviously he didn't realize the seriousness of the situation.
I picked them up, holding them as far away from me as humanly possible (slight exaggeration) and marched to where Hubs was sitting.
"Did you buy these for Kobe? Please tell me that none of our money was spent buying these," I said, staring him down.
A little confused, he confessed, "Yeah. We bought them for him the other day. At Savers." (I love Savers. Hate Wranglers, love Savers.) How did this happen?
Sadly, it will be a wasted $5 because they are going right back to Savers.
See what I mean.
Shallow.
14 comments:
You are hysterical. Absolutely hysterical. Possibly shallow, possibly off the deep end.
BUT... I totally understand.
Icky Wranglers.
Hee. I have absolutely no idea how Wrangler's are different from normal jeans so you'll have to enlighten me on that one :)
For me, it's trench coats and I mean the long type. You know the ones that goes all the way down to your ankle long. My ex had one, which he wore ALL the time, even in the summer. He thought it made him look badass but it just made him look like a fool. If you ask me, I think that stupid trenchcoat of his should take some of the blame for the breakup. That and the fact that he was such a jerk. Maybe there's a connection with the trenchcoat and him being a jerk....hmmm...
Bwa Ha haa! Love this analogy. I never thought of it that way but so, so true that we all have at least a little bit of shallow in us.
Oh, and I don't like Wrangler either though my hate doesn't run as deep as yours. One of my things is nice dress loafers on men with no socks. Makes me cringe!
hahahhahaha throwing up in your mouth and sickos...you are so funny! I'm with you on this one...I hate wranglers too. Gross!
Oh, and your daughter is a cutie...my son can marry her as long as they live on our street! :)
I am not a fan of Wranglers, but I wouldn't say that I loathe them.
you know what I WOULD say (and say often), just because it is awesome to say:
You know what drives me nuts? Wrangler butts.
you're welcome
Or you can mix it up and just say
Wrangler butts drive me nuts.
(In your sexiest voice ever)
LOL. I have the same exact shallow loathing of Wranglers! And Lee jeans too, for that matter.
I think it all stems back to 5th grade when every cool girl had Jordache jeans and my mom wouldn't buy them for me because they were too expensive...
In my refusal to wear the Lee jeans she bought me, I am pretty sure I was left with a pair of purple courderoy gauchos.
I was so cool.
LOL! Awesome.
I give my hubby a hard time cause when we first met, he wore tapered stranglers! (that's what I lovingly like to call wranglers)
I have since graduated him to the world of straight leg.
He's not allowed to go jean shopping by himself.
Ever.
P.S. My WV is "subtle". Nice. :D
I've definitely got a shallow end, but it must be filled with other things, because I couldn't even tell you what Wrangler jeans look like!
I can, at least, assure you that my husband has never worn them. He's strictly a Levi guy.
=)
*searches through kids jeans to see if they have wranglers*
save to say hubs only wears old navy or gap...they fit his awesome rear great....
It's okay... I'll still give you blog love. But only if you promise not to hate....
Wrangler jeans are sold at Target and it's the only way I can afford to keep up with Oldest's "every 3 month" growth spurts.
I promise to "rebrand" him as soon as he stops growing. :)
My ex-husband wore (still wears) Wranglers.
New husband? Never.
Need I say more?
Visiting from Mama Kat's!
You do know that you are possibly ensuring your son develops a deep love of Wranglers. It'll be like smoking or drugs...he'll spend all his allowance on them and hide them in a backpack as he leaves for school. Then as soon as you are out of sight, he will change into them and wear those Wranglers all day!!
ROFLMAO. Too funny.
Visiting from Mama Kat's
I don't care what kind of pants my husband wears. He does have shirts that can't leave our backyard.
Post a Comment