Monday, February 28, 2011

You had to be there!!

I am still rolling.

Every time I remember this story I laugh. Out loud. For a long time.

I believe I was a freshman in high school.

Every Sunday, after church, we would have a really nice meal and sit around the kitchen table and talk. We would talk about church. We would talk about our week. We would talk about our neighbors....no, wait. No we wouldn't. Okay, yes we would. But we have since repented.

Needless to say, everyone was there and everyone was involved.

This particular Sunday, my just older sister wasn't feeling too well. We had been called to the table and were just finishing up the prayer when she darts out of the room and into the bathroom which was just around the corner.

She then proceeded to vomit. Heaving. Loudly. Not that you need to know all the details. Just that we could hear all of it.

I was sitting next to my older sister and we looked at each other and started to crack up. Not loudly, but we were indeed snickering. We tried to hold it in. Okay, that is probably not true. But I would like you to believe that I was sweet and would never. Only, I did.

She drags herself back into the room, looks at the two of us and says, "Thanks for your support!"

Bwahahahahahaha. We lost it.

What were we supposed to say? "Way to go. Just let it all out, girlfriend. We are behind you all the way. Way to put it ALL out there!"

We still laugh about it. So does she.
What? You don't think it's funny. Hmmm. I guess you had to be there.

Still laughing inside.

7 comments:

Jenny said...

You're a nut!

Unknown said...

Seriously what wouldn't be funny about your sister heaving her guts up before a big meal where everyone could hear. I mean it's bad enough to be sick but to be sick in hearing distance of everyone is worse...

Laynee said...

Yeah I woulda laughed my butt off. Love it!

Dana @ Bungalow'56 said...

Sisters.... I have three, this would have definitely happened at our house. We would have been yelling for her to close the door probably. And yelling grossss! We're really supportive too.
Dana
I'm just catching up on my reading while I sit here in a San Diego hotel waiting for my birth certificate. And wanted to let you know I thought your last post was a genius way of sharing blogs. I was honoured to be among them. Comparison.... it's an evil little monkey isn't it?

Kerri said...

What a crazy fun family!

I'm still catching up on all your shout outs in your last post...love it!

Diane said...

I'll have to take your word for it on this one. lol!
This reminds me of my sister-in-law who has this very insanely exaggerated phobia about vomit. I kid you not, one of her kids can tell her someone at school threw up that day and she's all freaking out and going around with a gallon of bleach and a giant spray can of Lysol sanitizing everything and everybody in her path!

The Crazy Coxes said...

I think it's funny!
That happened to my son a couple of months ago - IN FRONT OF GIRLS. He was mortified and when he told me about it, I started laughing. I thought it was about the funniest thing I had ever heard. He didn't