Thursday, February 10, 2011

Can you guess?

Alright. Who doesn't love a good riddle? Rhetorical question.

I call them brain exercises. No Alzheimer's for me.

My son reminded me of a really great one the other day and so I thought I would share it with you. Because I am a giver.

What you are supposed to do is figure out why I love one thing but not the other. The first person who gets it right will win a trip to Hawaii!!!! Hahaha....I wish Okay, so that was a lie, not the riddle. If you get it right, then you are really cool and we should be friends.

Here we go....

I hate cats, but I love kittens.
I hate shoes, but I love boots.
I hate hot weather, but I love summer.
I hate blogs, but love bloggers.

Do you have it yet?

I hate stars, but love the moon.
I hate cakes, but I love cookies.
I hate faces, but love cheeks.
I hate toes, but love feet.

Anyone? Anyone?

I hate talking, but love chatting.
I hate naps, but love to sleep.
I hate moms, but love daddys.
I hate ducks, but love geese.

Want some more? What do all the loves have in common?

I hate walking, but love running.
I hate snow but love sleet.
I hate bananas, but love apples.
I hate bread, but love rolls.

Still trying? If you haven't figured it out yet, stop here and go back up and look closely. If you are giving up, continue. At this point things are going to become really obvious.

***********ANSWER ALERT ANSWER ALERT ANSWER ALERT *******************

I hate roads, but love strEEts.
I hate lasagna, but love spagheTTi.
I hate blankets, but love shEEts.
I hate sports, but love fOOtbaLL.

Was that obvious enough? I love riddles. Really, I do.

So what's your riddle. Do tell.

13 comments:

Susan Anderson said...

I like knowing cause I hate guessing.

Enough said!

;)

Kerri said...

Sue's comment cracks me up!

I didn't get the riddle until it was REALLY obvious. :(

Unknown said...

Hehe, I'm a fan of riddles so I figured it out pretty quickly. But then I started to think that maybe it was too easy and starting thinking that you might have a trick up your sleeves. Turns out I was just overthinking the riddle :)

Liz Mays said...

Yes, I actually did figure it out. Sometimes this brain actually works!

Haute Deb Designs said...

Ok, Stefanie, I have NO clue! My brain doesn't work that way ;) What's the answer??!!

Anonymous said...

I got it. I wasn't sure I was getting it. Then you made it obvious and a I super proud of being right.

Juli said...

As a Mom of 2 boys, I also got it at the first stanza....

I like poems, but I love riDDles. :)

Unknown said...

I was getting all upset because who hates moms and loves daddys?

and then, Ah-ha!

That first stanza could describe me, anyway. Also, the whole hating cakes but loving cookies. who knew that I was such a riddle

~✽Mumsy✽~ said...

That was fun..It's the love/hate relationship link..

Anonymous said...

ha ha I remember that joke.
That is when we went on our trip
to Bloomfield.I was going to answer that but I forgot that trick.

Kyla said...

Those are fun on long car rides. We'll say I'm going on a trip and I'm taking a leaf. The category is anything from the forest and everyone has to try and guess the category while the child leading the riddle keeps giving us hints. Then the next child will do a different category. They do make you think too which is a bonus.

paige said...

Oh I do love a riddle. Love it. :)

Laura@The Oily Cupboard said...

i'm too tired to come up w/riddles..and i gave up on urs on line 1....sleep deprived sucks! but i do look cake and cookies...(ok see all i saw was food)

it gets easier right?! :O)