I thought about that for my own life. If I had to choose one word to define or describe me what would it be?
I wish it was charismatic. Sadly, people aren't drawn to me...unless you are shorter than 4 feet and came from my womb.
Organized...sure. Until I actually have to find those birth certificates, and immunization records and....Nope, not my word.
It could be driven. But more likely driving would be a better fit. It seems like I am always doing that.
Wouldn't it be fun if it was energetic! Boy, that would be nice.
In all honesty, at this point in my life, the word that best describes me is the word that I am called, day in and day out.
Mom
This word is all encompassing. It is the word the drives me everyday. It is the reason I get up in the morning, it is the reason I run myself ragged all day and the reason I can't sleep at night. Besides wife, it is the word that best describes my life work. It is what I was born to be.
And though I am lighthearted in this forum about it sometimes, there is no other word I would strive for to be my word.
Welcome to my home.
I am Mom!
6 comments:
I loved this post! I think it is the best word in the universe...and blessed are us that are called "Mom."
I did something like this once before, to try to find a word which defines you. As you so wonderfully alluded in your post, there is really no one word which can do a person justice...
That was sweet! I hope you have a lovely long weekend with your family! - G
As I started to read this post I was thinking how utterly wrong it would be to try and sum up anything - a city, a person, in just one word as that would make something appear so very one dimensional. But then you settled on the word Mom to describe yourself which is anything but one dimensional but yet I still think you are very many more things too.
I love that word "Mom". You chose a good word :) It's one of those words that needs no explanations since it says it all :)
ask my kids or hubby and you'll probably hear 'freak' for my word! oh well! better luck next year
Post a Comment