Friday, July 23, 2010

Where in the world...

Can you guess where we went on Wednesday...aka the last day of California?



Yup. We went to the chilly beaches of northern California. It was only an hour drive there (3 hours coming back through traffic...ugh.) But we all thought we were going to barf because of all the switchback roads we had to go on. But luckily we survived, stomachs intact.

We were afraid that it was just going to be so cold that we wouldn't enjoy ourselves. But once we got there, the water was nice. We didn't swim, mind you, only we waded in the waves, attempted to make sand castles and caused seagulls to fight over the crackers they stole from our basket. 

It was a lot of fun.

We are home now and it is so nice to be home. But we did have a blast visiting family and hanging out poolside.

The next few days will be tales from our trip...and there are some doozies, let me tell you! So stay tuned. Until then, I must wade through the laundry and clean out that box we have lived in for the last 20 hours, aka the van.

Enjoy your weekend!

5 comments:

jsturner1 said...

Glad you made it home safe. My kids have missed yours!

NatureGirl said...

On the 101? I am a Sacramento girl...it always makes me laugh when people assume that all of the beaches in Cali are warm...chilly is right! Glad you had fun.

Anonymous said...

Oh that coastal highway...it makes me green in the gills too. But the destination is always worthwhile. Glad you are back! - G

Teachinfourth said...

I THOUGHT I saw you there...

paige said...

Very glad you're back. I see you've met my newest fur kid. :)

Can't wait to hear more adventures.