There are some things that you can expect will be wet: a Popsicle, a swimming pool, rain. And then there are those things that we don't necessarily want to be wet: toast, laundry, a picnic.
This is a story about one of those times.
I was 16 years old when I met this guy at a Youth Conference for my church. He was from a town about 2 hours away. There was a dance and he asked me if he could buy me a drink. (A little cheesy considering we were both Mormons and the only thing to drink was free red punch or drinking fountain water.) But I was only 16 and so I was twitterpaded.
To make a short story shorter, we were holding hands by the next day and had exchanged numbers and addresses. For the next few weeks he would call and write...(this was before email...yes, I am that old.) It was fun, it was exciting. I really thought he as something else.
Well, he came into town with his parents to shop and he called me. I drove in and met him at Wal-Mart. The only place we could go was in my car...in the parking lot...at Wal-Mart. Romantic, isn't it. So we were sitting in the back seat...I am not sure why...but there we were... talking. It was time for me to go pick up my sister and his family was getting ready to leave so he leaned over and
In my mind, my first kiss would be soft, and sweet and not too long but not too short. This was not that at all. I am not sure what he was thinking, but I went in with a closed mouth and high hopes. He went in with an open mouth full of wetness and in full suction mode. It was not pretty. Not. At. All.
I was mortified. Was this what kissing was supposed to be? This guy's slobber was dripping off my chin. Ugh!! I really didn't know what to do after it was all over. Luckily he had to take off right away.
I was so disappointed and quite frankly disgusted.
And Wet!
9 comments:
Gross wef. Funny. But gross. My first kiss was pretty good.
Totally funny and disgusting all at the same time.
I remember my first kiss too and it was divine. ;)
I think I just WET my pants reading this. Ha ha...too funny! My first kiss was pretty horrific too. No slobber for me, though, lucky me.
I've giggled all day. Can so relate. My first kiss made me wonder what all the fuss was about.
Thanks for your comment on my kids. I need to have you over for coffee and you can see them fight and argue and be normal kids. ; )
Blessings!
~H
Not quite like how they show it in the movies, was it?
Even Mormon guys need a little education.
This was hilarious, and very similar to my first kiss!
Hehe, that was funny but poor you! You will always remember that
Yuck. First kisses can be interesting.
Oh, dear. My first kiss was similar but not as bad. Ewwww.
PS: Love that you used the word twitterpated. :)
Post a Comment