Kids will do anything for a buck. I have learned this on our vacation. I know, I know. I am horrible. But sometimes "Whatever works" is my motto.
So far I've gotten my kids to stop yelling for a day, sleep in the undesirable bed, and even clean out the van.
But the best one so far was done by my little 4 year old, Camden.
My in-laws have a pool in their backyard and so that has been where we are spending most of our time. My daughter is like a little fish. She would swim all day every day if we would let her. However, ask her to jump off the diving board and she will flat out turn you down.
I told her we would give her $1 if she went off the board.
"No! I don't want to."
Okay. "We will give you $5 if you go off the board." We knew that if she would go off once, she would have that much more fun for the rest of the week.
"No!!"
So we decided she wasn't changing her mind and left her alone.
About 5 minutes later Camden, who can't swim...at all...suddenly jumps into the water. With no-one to catch him. Luckily my daughter Kyla was right there and grabbed him and brought him into safety.
I took him, calmed him down a little and was drying him off when I hear him say, "Where's my dollar?"
"Is that why you jumped into the water?" I asked.
"You said you would give me a dollar if I jumped into the pool. And so I did."
Yup. Some kids would kill themselves for a dollar.
7 comments:
Just brilliant! I love that he just went for it - I hope he got his dollar!!!
That cracks me up! I always tell brides or the family to tape a $1 (or $5)bill to the floor and have the flower girl and/or the ring bearer stand on it. Once they stand on it for the entire service they will get their dollar! Did he get his dollar?
When I was little my mom said I couldn't swim in the deep end of the pool because I couldn't jump in there and make it to the side on my own. Guess what happened next?
yeah. I heard her screams from 3 feet under the water. "Can I swim in the deep end NOW?"
She did let me, btw. :)
This is so funny. I hope he got his dollar.
The kid's a true capitalist.
I'd jump in the pool for a dollar, too…
I think you have a little business man in your family :) That is really cute but so dangerous at the same time! Wow, they really would do anything for a dollar! Better remember not to bribe E with money...
Post a Comment