Wednesday, July 21, 2010

"It's what we do"

"We go to church on Sunday. It's just what we do."

This is what I always tell my kids when they complain about having to go to church. Whether it is "I don't want to go to church." or "Church is boring." or "I hate church," the reply is always the same. "We go to church on Sunday. It's just what we do."

We knew that we were going to be in California on a Sunday and so I made sure that I had packed all the church clothes that we needed. Or so I thought. When we were getting ready on Sunday, we found that we had forgotten my husband's white shirt.

At our church, it is usually white shirts and ties that you see the men wearing. Not because it is a requirement, but I guess people want to wear their very best, which most times means the men are in white shirts and ties. Sometimes they wear light blue or lightly striped shirts. But overall it is mostly conservative.

So when we found out my husband's shirt hadn't made it into the suitcase, I suggested he borrow one of his dad's shirts. The other option was to wear his "Look at what P90X has done for my muscles"t-shirt. He opted to borrow a shirt. 

Until he came in with this:
I think we will be missing church this week.

10 comments:

Kerri said...

Too funny! I would have "dared" my husband to wear that to church!

Teachinfourth said...

I tried to pull a shirt off like that when I was a kid…it didn't fly with my mom. Curses.

What part of Cali are you guys in? I'm in Red Bluff for another day or four…not that you guys would be anywhere near here.

Okie Rednecks said...

How Funny! It actually reminds me of some things that my hubby wore to get the kids attention when we were working with the youth!

jsturner1 said...

Of Stef you should have let him wear it! It flatters him!

jsturner1 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nolie said...

I think he was trying to get out of church and you let him win. lol

paige said...

For a minute there I thought he was going in that. That would be EXCELLENT.

Michelle aka Naila Moon said...

My hubby would have gone in that shirt!

Gwen said...

Hahaha! I wish with all my heart you would have gone to church!

stephanie said...

ha ha!!! that's awesome.