My husband smells good. Not because he wears cologne because he doesn't. It's not because he showers..though he does do that daily. He just smells good. I think he was born smelling amazing.
**At this point I could make a comment about how I feel like Edward Cullen from Twilight, but I won't.**
You need to know (maybe you don't need to know, but I am going to tell you) I have a very sensitive nose. It is a blessing and a curse. It is a curse because when I am pregnant, smells are magnified three fold. If there has been any kind of stinky diaper changed, or broccoli cooked or smelly shoes removed in the last week, I will smell it. I swear, I can smell sickness in my kids breath a few days before they get sick.
When I was in high school I was a hair sniffer. Meaning, I would sit through class and I would smell my hair. I think it drove my family and friends crazy. Even now, I find myself doing it. Lame, I know.
Back to my husband. I love the way he smells. I love waking up in the morning when he is up early and I can roll over and smell "him" on his pillow. Or when I borrow his sweatshirt and "he" is on it. Best, though, is in the crook of his neck. One whiff and I am in heaven. This is the blessing part of my nose. I can smell my husband anywhere.
Because... Hubs. Smells. Good!
Can you smell your spouse too?
7 comments:
Yes totally and I LOVE it!! He smells great and sometimes I will smell his bathrobe during the day!
Oh, I can definitely smell my husband and I can say that it's not as pleasant as what you're describing! For some reason, ever since we moved here, his body odor seems to have grown really strong and piercing, especially when he sweats. As much as I would like to say how much I love how he smells, I just can't do it!
I love my hubby's smell as well, especially when I where one of his shirts to bed when he is out of town, its a sensory lullaby:-)
I love the unique smell that is my husband too - I would be able to pick him out from a lineup if blindfolded and only able to smell his head and hair. My husband never wears aftershave or cologne either.
I have read that you should smell the armpits of your intended and that if you do not like the smell then they are not the right mate for you......I don't know about that but do believe there is a strong correlation between liking the natural scent of a person and liking the person.
It is amazing how we all smell different. . .don't you notice the different smells of your kids as well?
I have to say I love David's smell if he is clean. . .if he is sweaty. . .not so much!
I still want to hear about Edward.........
I love the smell of clean Bear. Stinky, sweaty Bear...not as much. Still, I know what you mean about him having his own smell.
Post a Comment